Fill Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the long delay, been learning stuffs in NY.

Anyways, we discussed and are thinking continuous blending is the way to go.

All great feedback, thanks :D

Sorry for the long delay, been learning stuffs in NY.

Anyways, we discussed and are thinking continuous blending is the way to go.

All great feedback, thanks :D

If you don't have the Oxyhacker books, I'd recommend you getting your hands on some and taking a look. Some great info in there that will help you out.

Up here in NC, for the majority of the shops, if you have LP tanks, you are going to get an LP fill. If you're diving trimix, good luck finding a shop that pumps helium. We actually do have a shop here that will pump what you want and to the pressure you want, but they are almost an hour away and getting to them before they close is sometimes a scramble. We do have a couple of friends with their own fill stations but they aren't exactly close by either plus they both extensively travel for work.

A scuba shed with fill station is at the top of our (or my) list when we get our new house built. For us, it will solely be for the convenience...it's just the two of us getting fills so we would never break even over paying for shop fills.

Everything is going to be separate from the house so the insurance company shouldn't freak out and it's on 10 acres and all the neighbors are on 10+ acres so noise won't be an issue (my gun range will be noisier anyway :cool2:).

Up here in NC, for the majority of the shops, if you have LP tanks, you are going to get an LP fill. If you're diving trimix, good luck finding a shop that pumps helium. We actually do have a shop here that will pump what you want and to the pressure you want, but they are almost an hour away and getting to them before they close is sometimes a scramble. We do have a couple of friends with their own fill stations but they aren't exactly close by either plus they both extensively travel for work.

A scuba shed with fill station is at the top of our (or my) list when we get our new house built. For us, it will solely be for the convenience...it's just the two of us getting fills so we would never break even over paying for shop fills.

Everything is going to be separate from the house so the insurance company shouldn't freak out and it's on 10 acres and all the neighbors are on 10+ acres so noise won't be an issue (my gun range will be noisier anyway :cool2:).

A lawn mower is more dangerous than a compressor. Insurance company will not care. Handle your compressed gas cylinders properly. Make sure your bank bottles are chained to the wall in a proper installation. If you bring in helium or oxygen cylinders set up one area for full and one for empties with chain around them. Keep the shack clean and neat and dont let it turn into the storage room for old stuff and you will be fine. Setup a proper intake for the air from outside and set up a proper blow off for the moisture and oil (see thread on decostop for that)

When i lived in CT in a 100 year old house I had 20 oxygen / helium cylinders in the back yard. On occasion the fire marshal would come by. Check that I had caps on the cylinders and that they were chained. .. "Looks great, have a nice day sir."

Cheers
JDS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom