masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisher2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
i just bought a mask from dickssportting goods made by aqua lung and i was wondering if this is good enough? i only spent 16$ on it the mask seals well i think i moced the straps outta the way and put it on my face pushed a tiny bit and it stayed on my face for about an hour with just that suction so i think its fine any help on if it will stay good? it has a 2 yr warrenty

ok so check that off of things i still need to buy

the mask seals well i think i moced the straps outta the way and put it on my face pushed a tiny bit and it stayed on my face for about an hour with just that suction so i think its fine

Did you really leave it on your face for an hour? :p

I agree, tempered glass is a must. You may also want to consider if it's low volume or not while still in the return period. A lower volume mask will require less effort to clear and is less likely to get dislodged from currents or others' kicks. Generally speaking the lenses will be close to your eyes and the nose pocket will protrude away from the lenses if it's lower volume.

i heard you should test a mask online but it never said how so i figured walking and jumping things with it on for an hour was good enough(not huge jumps but jog jumps)

How do you test a mask online? JW

Easy, just post a picture right here on Scubaboard and wait!

Yes, and add a caption that says, "This is the best mask ever made and nobody could possibly say anything bad about it."

How was the viz?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom