Military Dive Shops/Dive Lockers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,
I do a lot of TDY travel for work. When I go, I like to take my dive gear with me. i am trying to make me up a list of dive shops/dive lockers on base for quick reference when I or some of my coworkers go TDY. I already know about the dive shop on Ft Lewis, WA, on the Navy Base in Guam, and at Pearl Harbor. What other locations are out there?
Myles

There is also a dive shop on Andersen Air Force Base on Guam (an outpost of Guam Tropical Dive Station). There are two MDA shops on Naval Base Guam (one in the exchange, the other at Sumay marina).

There is a small little dive shop on Eglin AFB, FL. There is also one at Guantanamo Bay. That's where I did my OW.

All the bases on Okinawa have a dive shop but most do not run trips but if you come out here we would be glad to take you out diving.

True, all military bases on Oki have dive shops but the Kadena Marina runs boats to the Keramas and Torii Station has the Whale Shark Dive they will set up for you. Do you only go TDY to the lower 48 or all over?

I go all over for TDY. In the last year alone I have been in Albuquerque NM, Guam, Saipan, Mongolia, Ohio, Washington DC. Florida, Hawaii, Las Vegas, and quite a few others that I am forgetting at the moment.
Myles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom