pointer/tank banger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

There was a thread on this gizmo with the last posting in 2008...they decided at that time that this doo-hickey is called a muck stick but that name doesn't seem appropriate for what I want it for. It's one of those metal rods dive guides use to point things out and bang on their tanks with.

Does anyone know where to get one, preferably online, with a lanyard? I did see one called "Reed's Rod", but it doesn't come with a lanyard. I really appreciate any helpful suggestions!

Thanks so much
Shivaya

Your crazy to actually buy something like that for twenty or more dollars. With zero ingenuity and creativity you could make a custom one from a 10 minute trip to Home Depot for probably $3.00

best to use at least a 5mm diameter stainless steel stick. the heavier weight allows u to create a louder tank banging sound without much effort. the current one which i cut is smaller in diameter and definatly doesn't make as loud a sound as my older tank banger stick.

Op,

You can find stainless steel tank bangers on ebay that I make or you can get one from me direct, just send me a PM. They are made of 304 stainless steel, 13" long, have a soft rubber handle with a hole in it with a stainless steel split ring, and work great. They are made here in AZ and take only a couple days to arrive via the US mail. I can also custom make them to any length.
Hope this helps,

Scuba Duner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom