Trip Report (Detailed): Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

does the water ever get above 76 degrees at depth in cabo, if so, when ???

From what I had read, I had thought it was going to be mid-lowish 70's at the time we went, but obviously it wasn't. I think later in the year, Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan is when it actually get's warmer.

Too bad you did not like PG. We have been there 4 times and love it. We do the time share thing every time and we are out of there in less than an hour with the free breakfast. Never had a hard sell. Did my OP last spring and had a wonderful time. We plan on going every other year.

I think we were just hit the wrong way as soon as we got there when we got the pitch to just get our towel cards. I mean the room was very nice, but I felt the pools were on the small size, 'specially when the place is full, and it's ridiculously expensive.

Even though you can't get into the ocean there, which I knew, I don't know why they don't have more things on the beach like loungers, some shade, and such... it would still be nice to hang out there. I dunno, you can explore the town and do some activities, which we did... but sitting in the pool and having to paying for drinks all day isn't my idea of the best time.

uwbb, where did you stay , & who did you dive with in the dominican republic ??

Try:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-antilles/347336-trip-report-dominican-republic-la-romana.html

Hey Bee sorry you had a bad experence with Amigos but they have friends on this board that will say how great they are but as you found out they are not all there cracked up to be.

Stakanak- I wasn't sure if it was a Marlin or swordfish and of course I was the only one that saw it! I didn't notice much blue on the top of it, it was mostly silver. Pretty cool though to see, when I got back on the boat it was as if I had seen a unicorn!

sue-We were bummed we didn't have a good time either because I really loved the fish. I think our entire experience just felt like we were in a week long sales pitch. Fortunately we've never seen any other place that is quite that bad about getting people in and out while raking in the dough otherwise I wouldn't be traveling as much.

Bummer about Amigos. I was about to book them for a trip in August, but I really don't want dive masters that don't seem to care. I guess I'll have to try Manta or Sunshine instead.

Did Sunshine move into the spot of Baja Dive at Tesoro or are there just 2 shops in Tesoro now?

I only noticed Baja Dive at the Tesoro, I saw his Denver Broncos paraphernalia so I assumed it was his shop. When we were researching dive shops, I was pretty sure someone from Baja was bad mouthing Amigos. It was annoying at the time but seeing how our trip went...

Manta is in the same shopping center as Amigos, just around the corner from them. I'm not familiar with Sunshine.

Well it may be a mute point. If Sunshine doesn't reply to my inquiry, I could be left with Manta. I think Baja has changed hands so not sure how good they are now compared to before. (And I did see some of that stuff going around earlier) It's too bad it's so hard to find a good shop nowdays!

Hello Divers.I Am Devore Owner of Cabo Divers and Baja Dive.I have just changed our shop name.For 20 years we were Baja Dive.We are in the same location in the Tesoro Los Cabos#I-4
We will still provide the great service that our customers are used to.We have all new Tusa Gear and great prices as always.In the 20 years that I have owned the shop we have never had a Diving accident.My email is cabodivers@yahoo.com
Water Temp today is 78 degrees Vis at local spots is 60 to 70 feet.
Our Summer as got off to a late start but conditions are looking good now.

Sorry to hear that Amigos has gone down hill. I have dove with them many times, but not in the last year. Please let Kevin know why you are not happy with his company, he needs to know that RE his DMs and boats.
I love the Playa G but haven't been able to stay there for two years, it pains me to hear that their food has gotten worse and their prices have gone way up.

Back
Top Bottom