Baby sea turtles need YOUR help!!! (Broward)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL... I think I can go even cheaper..Yanno, frugal me. I just did a search and found use anything from red nail polish, red translucent paint, red plastic wrap..etc...
Oh, and Harbor Freight has really nice cheap 9 LED flashlights. You can get them on sale, 2/$3.99.

:D
(did the search between my last post and yours!) thanks Debby for the info. :thumb:

:bump: The turtles need help more than ever. Hatchling season is in full swing, and sea turtle mommies are still coming up to lay eggs. Please click here to register to help. Even if you can only give a night or two, the more people on the beaches to help, the more turtles will be saved. This is not entertainment, this is volunteer work that is really needed. PM me if you have questions. Hope to see you on the beach some night!

Watch this video...mom is stuck in some beach chairs and what if nobody was there to help? She is ok but...what if nobody cared enough to be on the beach to help her?

Wow. Looking forward to helping out..

Debby I was at my first hatching last night on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Amazing creatures. Was at 2 nests. One all but 2 disoriented and at the other only 2 did. It is amazing when you look at all the light out there even with the lighting rules. It is nice to be able to make a difference. Thanks for the info on how to help. :dance:

WOW bravo for helping them!!! Imagine their fate if you were not there. Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!!

They recommended to me that you don't get to bright a light... even though they are red LED they can still be to bright. The $9.95 one from Lowes was what I was told to get.

and if you do a google search on red lights, they are easy to make...I made one using a small dive light and some red plastic

All success with this project! I went kitesurfing a month or so ago and took my wife and baby girl along to enjoy the beach. There was no one else around but a lady sitting near the base of the dune. She was a volunteer keeping an eye on a nest expected to hatch that day. After a while she called my wife over to show her baby turtles coming out of the nest. A first for her and our baby girl at 12 weeks. It was a good experience for them.

AWESOME, Rick! Your baby girl will live a wonderful life after this unexpected, beautiful event!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom