What is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a piece of body piercing jewelry. Gauges I have usually seen are more of the barrel/disc type used to enlarge a hole which is cut in an earlobe. The treasure in question could be a slide of sorts for a tiny hole either for an ear or eyebrow.

I used to have a hole in my ear, a little bit bigger than wire gauge size 00. In other words, I could slip a magic marker through it or hang a padlock from it. I started stretching it with an acrylic taper. Mine was straight, but others (like this one) are in a spiral shape. They are gradually pushed through over the course of days and weeks, gradually stretching the hole.

I used to have a hole in my ear, a little bit bigger than wire gauge size 00. In other words, I could slip a magic marker through it or hang a padlock from it. I started stretching it with an acrylic taper. Mine was straight, but others (like this one) are in a spiral shape. They are gradually pushed through over the course of days and weeks, gradually stretching the hole.

Interesting, well now we know. It goes to show you can learn something new every day.

It's used to prevent any sort of employment that pays a living wage.
Nothing says "Good Judgement" and "Great Employee" like an ear-hole big enough to store a dry-erase marker.

Did you get lost on your way to The Pub?

:idk:Sorry, I am not a electrician or who ever uses wire gauges.:idk:
Can you tell me that in calibers? :D

Glad to see people are still judging people based on appearances... :no: Just because someone choose to make their ears look a certain way is no indication of that persons character. I have 00 gauge holes in my ears and I graduated college with honors and have a good paying job so I suggestion before you pass judgment based on appearance you get to know the person.

Glad to see people are still judging people based on appearances... :no: Just because someone choose to make their ears look a certain way is no indication of that persons character. I have 00 gauge holes in my ears and I graduated college with honors and have a good paying job so I suggestion before you pass judgment based on appearance you get to know the person.

That's just an awesome politically-correct statement, but as someone who has spent the last 35 years or so in business (including doing the hiring), I can tell you that with everything else being equal, when you and the guy with the haircut and the suit and tie and no visible physical mutilations apply for the same job, the deck is stacked against you.

You might not like it, but it's true.

Body modifications are by definition statements that say "I'm not like the rest of you." Which is a problem when the job market is tight, and getting paid what you want requires conformity not rebellion.

flots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom