ubuntu: who uses it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK,

I know that most of our users are into Windows, but I wonder how many of you use Ubuntu? How many of you are a Linux IT or Sysadmin?

I've used it as a desktop OS. I'm in IT, but not specifically a Linux sysadmin (I'm a network guy).

I use at home for wife and kid, personally use Fedora on my laptop. Minor experience as Linux/AIX sysadmin but use extensively in network management.

Hold on, this sounds strangely similar to my neighbor asking, "You're in computers, right?" and me spending six hours at their house cleaning the viruses off their computer. On the other hand, they did have good beer and bought pizza.....

OK,

I know that most of our users are into Windows, but I wonder how many of you use Ubuntu? How many of you are a Linux IT or Sysadmin?

I use Ubuntu on all the machines at home and at work. Centos (RedHat) goes on the servers.

There's nothing like coming home and finding a copy of something nasty on the desktop where my wife ran into a drive-by download and the only option was "save" because the box doesn't know how to run the Windows app.

It makes me happy.

flots.

I use Ubuntu at home on my Laptop for many years now, and with dual boot use XP at work to support all the work tools for Win 2003 servers sysadmin.

7 of ScubaBoard's servers run on Ubuntu and two on CentOS. I have one graphics PC in the office that is Windows based but everything else is Ubuntu.

I dual boot Ubuntu and Vista. I use the Windows partition when I want to run certain programs like CAD, and stick to Ubuntu for everyday use. Never done any sysadmin work.

I have it on a desktop but, I rarely turn it on. I prefer using a laptop at home.

I think I've used almost every flavor of Linux (and UNIX) except Ubuntu, oddly enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom