Death of diver from quebec in cenotes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a translation

It is with regret and with much sadness that I leaned of the death of my freind and colleague Clement on the 16 of March.
A good freind honest, dynamic, who loved to please people and serve others.

Clement your sens of humour et pratical jokes made a person with whom it was good to live with.
You were able to pass on your passion of diving to those who knew you and we thank you. Good bye Clement

Your freind Eric (he was the co-owner with clement of the dive-op)

Sincère condoleances to the freinds and relativves to clement.

Special thanks to Marc Bélair for all his great collaboration theese last days.
(marc was clements diving buddy in Mexico)

Well, so far I've learned TomR and mine French sucks :)

heheheh

Now seriously, so what happened? It's all pretty vague right now.

jroy017:
Here is a translation

It is with regret and with much sadness that I leaned of the death of my freind and colleague Clement on the 16 of March.
A good freind honest, dynamic, who loved to please people and serve others.

Clement your sens of humour et pratical jokes made a person with whom it was good to live with.
You were able to pass on your passion of diving to those who knew you and we thank you. Good bye Clement

Your freind Eric (he was the co-owner with clement of the dive-op)

Sincère condoleances to the freinds and relativves to clement.

Special thanks to Marc Bélair for all his great collaboration theese last days.
(marc was clements diving buddy in Mexico)
C'est Vrai un homme de bien

J'ai besoin pratique mon Francaise mais je vous vu que parlez Franglais?

"your sens of humour et pratical jokes "
je m'excuse - en bonne humeur

This was not the only death in the cenotes this day, there is little information about the two separate incidents, one was a solo diver and one was sent for an autopsy for a suspected heart attack. There seems to be some problems and finger pointing between the owners of the cenotes and dive operators that rented tanks and air and there is little information presently available about the circumstances of the accidents.

This is always a bad day for diving.

I was purchasing equipment at the shop last week and Eric (co-owner) told me that all indications for the two deaths point to carbon monoxide poisonning. He was surprised because the dive shop (where the tanks were filled) has a good reputation. He was looking for CO detector for divers.

Since then I have been searching on my own and here is what I have come up with:

- CO-Cop from Lawrence Factor Inc. produces some and I am presently requesting a price quote since they sell directly and do not seem to have wide distribution in dive shops.

- AirCheck systems comes up quite frequently but the web site is down and I couldn't
find any other information.

Does anyone out there have info about other detectors ?

Safe diving

Is there more information available now, do you know? I would be interested to learn what happened to them. Two deaths in one day is a lot.

cancun mark:
This was not the only death in the cenotes this day, there is little information about the two separate incidents, one was a solo diver and one was sent for an autopsy for a suspected heart attack. There seems to be some problems and finger pointing between the owners of the cenotes and dive operators that rented tanks and air and there is little information presently available about the circumstances of the accidents.

This is always a bad day for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom