Vintage Original Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotsofast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a pair of old force fins in a weird greenish color that say "Pat Pend" on the bottom, size medium, still in good usable condition. What year are these from? How many where produced? Are they worth more than others due to age?
I guess maybe the reason they don't sell FF at most local dive shops is because they will lose their contracts with the big name gear manufacturers when their fin sales go down.
Thanks for your replies...

Knotsofast, Those greenish Force Fins were made in 1982. I was manufacturing around 200 pairs per day, in Body Gloves Hermosa Beach plant. The nice Bahama blue fades into green with time. We are replacing a heel strap for a long time customer who has a light red pair from the same batch. I just bought a steel air tank from Anacapa Divers, they carry over seven types of other name brands fins. That's cool for me since they are great folks, and need to making a living. Plus, I will need those air fills since I plan to go diving several times a month now. Come join us.

Back
Top Bottom