"hotel cozumel and dive op"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vvitola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, This is my first trip to Cozumel. I will be there on October 11th. I still cannot decide where to stay. I have narrowed it down to Hotel Cozumel and Scuba Club Cozumel. Righ now I am leaning towards Hotel Cozumel because they offer 5 days of 2 morning dives plus 4 days of 1 afternoon dives vrs SCC that only offers 2 dives a day.
Has anyone stayed on HC&R and used their dived operation? Any comments? Do they have big boats or small boats? How are the DM? How is the hotel and food?

We have stayed at HC several times and were pleased. The rooms and pool were nice and the food was OK. It is walking distance to town if you want to try better places to eat. Never used their dive op, always went with BlueXT. Christi will pick you up at the dock.

HC is a hotel with dive facilities I have stayed there but never used the onsite op....food and hotel are ok....you can choose your own dive op you do not have to use the onsite op

Scuba Club is a divers hotel....people are there to dive not lay by the pool drinking etc....if you stay there you dive with their op.... I have only heard great things about this hotel/dive op....have never stayed there

both hotels are next door to each other so location on the island are the same....HC has a tunnel that connects you to their beach club and pier on the water side....SC is on the water side....

the only reason I have never stayed there is I have my dive op that I have used for years and have no plans to change BlueXTsea.....otherwise I would stay at SC and use their op.... I have several friends that stay there and love it....

If You stay at Hotel Cozumel, Aldora can pick you up. I've stayed there a couple of times myself. We have picked up divers there many times before in the morning. Pier can get a little crowded when its busy. Please listen for your name when boats start showing up at the pier in the morning.
If you do not have reservations I would seriously look into this:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-cozumel/349177-free-lodging-w-aldora.html
I would comment on how much I like Aldora Divers but seems the posts can get moderated to the commercial section of this forum where typically nobody visits. PM me and I'll answer any questions I can or better yet talk to Memo at the shop (US phone number).
http://aldora.com/
I'm trying to schedule a trip in that time frame maybe I'll see you on the boat or at the Villa.

Last edited:
Photos with captions for links to reviews & discussions re Hotel Cozumel are here.

Picasa Web Albums - Larry - Hotel Cozumel...

Keep in mind that Oct is low season & there will be less variety to the meals than during the busier times of the year. As for Dive Paradise they have an assortment of boats & dive packages. I've only done 2 days with them (small fast boat) and they were fine. As suggested other ops can pick you up at the pier, but that bargain afternoon dive won't be available. It's usually to Paradise Reef, and so is the night dive, so depending on how many afternoons you think you want to do it may get boring even though Paradise has a lot to offer. Also keep in mind that there will be a minimum number of divers required to make the PM trip so there is a risk they may not go every day.

Hey vvitola there is an october in Cozumel thread going on now. If you would like to be added to the list, just post over there. :)
There are many choices of places to stay and dive in COZ and each of us has their favorites. Several of my friends use SCC and love the place. I used Blue Angel last year and it was good for me. Do a search and maybe let people here know what you like in a resort and dive op and you will get many tips.

Last edited:
I have stayed at HC a few time and used Dive Paradise. There are a large dive op with a wide variety of boats, big boats, small boats, fast boats, slow boats. They also offer a wide variety of packages including a 3 tank cock a doodle do where you literally leave at the crack of dawn. While its early, its nice to get that first dive in before most boats have left the dock.

Yes, have used Dive Paradise a number of times while staying at Hotel Coz. I'd recommend the small fast boats but that is usually a personal preference depending on what you like out of a dive trip. The hotel is just fine and breakfast is good while the other meals are a bit sketchy in my opinion. We usually get the European plan that includes only breakfast, and then eat out for other meals....usually just an early dinner. The combination of hotel/dive op is a solid option IMHO.

Wow! You guys are the best!!! It is amazing how fast I got so many responses!!! I have decided to book HC and dive with Dive Paradise this time. I will go to SCC on my next trip that hopefully will be for the Digital Workshop on July!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom