Top New England dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThanksforyourHelp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

I'm a diver from the UK. Going to be in New England, USA, in late September and wanted to add a couple of days to go diving. Thinking that it's unlikely that I'll ever end up in this corner of the world again, I'd like to know what are you're favourite 4 dive spots in New England. Travel within New England is not a worry. Open to all type of diving, but I love wrecks.

Thanks,
Gregor

For the sheer beauty of it and the abundance of life my #1 recommendation is
Newport, RI Gooseberry Island The Arches. This area is primeval, glacial rock formations you can swim thru or around some form natural aches hence the name.
It is a boat dive however, this LDS does run charters there Giant Stride Dive Shop · 1935 Warwick Avenue · Warwick, Rhode Island · 02889

Sep. 21, 2010 - Argonaut Charter to Goosberry Arches
Goosberry Arches & 2ND DIVE TBD wWe leave Connanicut Marina at 9:00am You must have an Open Water Certification(please bring c card or log book in when you sign up). Required equiptment: SMB or safe-t-sausage, & Whistle. Cost: $85.00 Reservations are made by full pre-payment that is non refundable. If you cancel your reservation you forfeit the full payment. If our captain cancels the trip, we issue a full refund if you paid in cash and a store credit if paid by credit card. Cancellations by our Captain are made on the day of the charter, one hour before sailing time. We cannot guarantee dive sites, alternate dive site selection does not constitute a cancellation or a refund. Please be at the marina 1/2 hour before sailing time, to fill out a waiver, present a certification card and get fully loaded 15 minutes before departure time. Our boats sail on time and if you miss the boat it's your loss.

also runs wreck charters

Sep. 17, 2010 - Good Night Idene!!!!
Good Night Idene!!!!(Night Dive at Block island) This is 2 night dives on the Idene Wreck after dark. This charter leaves the dock just after 6:00 PM and returns around 10:00. Must be AOW certified and have at least 2 lights,wreck reel,safety sausage or SMB and a whistle. Cost is $140.00 Reservations are made by full pre-payment that is non refundable.

Newport Diving Center - Charters another LDS

Newport RI Castle Hill another boat dive. Deepest waters in RI and a beautiful wall dive from 0 - 170'.

Cathedral Rocks Rockport MA. Another glacial marvel tough ingress and egress a no go in heavy surf.

Good diving!!

There is excellent diving on Cape Ann in Massachusetts. There are wrecks to dive as well. The stern of the Chester Poling is a very popular dive in about 95' of water and only a short boat trip out. You can check out the website for Cape Ann Divers.

Plenty of wrecks in New England. There's a chart or two here that might give you some ideas. Should get you started at least.

Eric

There is a lot of great shore diving in the Rockport/Gloucester area of Massachusetts. You can find more information and maps on the Cape Ann Divers website(Welcome to Cape Ann Divers! cape ann divers, cape ann diving, boston diving, scuba boston, massachusetts diving, scuba massachusetts, new england scuba diving, scuba new england, north eastern usa scuba diving, scuba resorts usa, boston dive boat div). Many people enjoy diving at Folly Cove, Old Garden, Back Beach, and Pebble Cove. Enjoy New England Diving...

I would consider Nubble Point (Cape Neddick, next to York Beach in Maine) as a must do shore dive in addition to the many excellent dives in Cape Ann / Rockport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom