Sept 10-12 Possible Swamper Camp Out at Windy Pt Private

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll blame it on Lake Travis Scuba. He said he'd run an extra charter if folks were interested. :D Also there's a caveat from Driftwood that Sunday the 12th is the Lake Travis Cleanup Event, with 2 clubs operating out of Windy Pt and LTS already full.

So far potential interest has been indicated by:
Jalistair
Scubashawn123
Svnipp
Raxpix
Cavemn
Peppermintpaddi

These are all either local folks, and/or folks who have indicated they do not wish to camp. So I'm thinking this be might something like getting together Sat morning and indulging in a day of diving. I think we mostly need someone to get there early and stake out our usual camp site.

Hmm so where is "the usual camp site"? I live in Copperas Cove, AKA Fort Hood and usually show up around noon or so on Saturdays. Mostly I have been diving solo as all the folks I know who dive have other things (like family) going on and I hate asking people I don't know around the park if they mind a tag-a-long. So a location would be great, else wise I would most likely walk past everyone and just wave hello :D

I'll put this offer out there.
IF there is a dive Fri night with certain persons I will most likely be there to help. This means I can take an easy up or two to reserve some space. I imagine we need to stake a claim that night to get a spot considering the cleanup happens the same weekend.

FYI... I'm only going to be there Saturday, and maybe Friday night if there is something going on then. I'm diving that morning with LTS, but I'll probably have time to get in another dive in the early afternoon before I have to pack it up and head back to the house.

Will this change anything from those already signed up on LTS for the Saturday charter? I am coming out for a football game Friday night and plan on staying until Sat for a dive.

[user]avocadogirl[/user] and I will be there Friday the 10th around 5:30pm - 6:00pm camping until Sunday around lunchtime.

I just started using a long hose and necklace and would gladly trade a tank of windy points finest air for some help getting things streamlined and some practice air sharing from the more experienced out there.

Hmm so where is "the usual camp site"? I live in Copperas Cove, AKA Fort Hood and usually show up around noon or so on Saturdays. Mostly I have been diving solo as all the folks I know who dive have other things (like family) going on and I hate asking people I don't know around the park if they mind a tag-a-long. So a location would be great, else wise I would most likely walk past everyone and just wave hello :D

last campout was at windy point Windy Point Park

Will this change anything from those already signed up on LTS for the Saturday charter? I am coming out for a football game Friday night and plan on staying until Sat for a dive.

Yeah... Same question here for Robert I guess. I know that Matt and I were both confirmed for Saturday morning. I just assumed that the morning charter was still on as scheduled since I think he had a pretty full group. This is the reason that I thought I might get in a dive with the Swampers early afternoon before heading back north.

The weekend schedule will not be affected by the Swamper campout, if anything additional charter will be added in the evening. I can put together a Friday evening charter if enough divers are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom