Diving in South Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ubascuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I'm going to Seoul on business and will be staying on for a few days to do some diving. Can anyone recommend a good diving operation in the Incheon area?

Hey there

Seol itself is pretty far from the water but you can get to dive sites from there, I am not best placed to advise how though as I have not done so myself.

It seems to be generally agreed upon that the best diving in Sounth Korea is in the island of Jeju in particular there is a company there called big blue that come very highly recommended.

I am an instructor based in Busan with an organisation called sea world dive centre, Busan is 3 hours from Seol by train, I have only dived in this area of the country so could not offer a fair opinion of comparisons etc.

I'm happy to provide more information if you wish

....just had another thought, if you are sticking around the Seol are then there is a guy called russ in a company in north seol called deep blue quest that has been really helpfull, try looking up the company and dropping him a line

Thanks for the advice. We're in touch with Russ now and have organised some dives. I'll let you know how we get on. We run a dive review site called Scubadviser. I've added your dive centre: Scuba Diving Reviews | Dive Shop Reviews | Sea World Dive Center | South Korea | Scubadviser If you'd like to email me any additional information about your services, I'll happily add them to your profile page. My email is jackie@scubadviser.com. Thanks for taking the time to help out. It's very much appreciated.

There isn't any diving around Incheon area.
East coast weekend trips are easy/common to do, if based around Seoul area. Relatively easy to fly down to Jeju as well, but you would want a few more days to make it worthwhile with your no-fly time factored in.

Thanks for the advice. It seems like we're not going to get to dive while we're here. The one day which we had booked in Busan had to be cancelled because of the weather. Jeju was very tempting but time didn't allow us to do that so maybe next time! Thanks anyway for taking the time to repond. Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom