Point Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I managed to get out to the Island to do a dive recently, and we ended up at Point Henderson which ended up being a really cool dive. I've started a diving blog recently, so all the decent photos are here:

Point Henderson, August ’10 | dive.roko.ca

I'm far from a good photographer, but I love to share the things I see underwater with divers and non-divers alike.

While you're here, we found a bunch of funky yellow crabs in the shallows, but haven't found them in any of our books. Can anyone ID this crab?

thumbs_yellow-crab.jpg

I saw pictures of that, and really hoped we'd stumble across it! But alas we didn't find it on this dive. :(

Nice blog. It's always interesting to see other peoples take on dive spots. I think the crab is a juvenile kelp crab. They're very common in Saanich Inlet in the top 30 feet or so.

Thanks Swankenstein, I must admit I find myself frequenting your website when looking for information and pictures of dive-sites.. I agree it's really interesting to see other diver's photos of the spots we all visit.

I got some more photos uploaded, from Tuwanek this time.. But sadly my strobe's o-ring was shot so I had to leave it at home and manage with the internal flash... I didn't get too many photos I liked.

http://dive.roko.ca/2010/westcoast/out-to-tuwanek/

My dive buddy lost my spare set of keys either at henderson point or at willis. I think there is 2 keys and a tag which might have royal carribean or crown on it.
If someone happens to find it in the parking lot, please let me know. thanks all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom