D9 Battery change "How To"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally, I found a programme to delete the existing registers (the defective one was probably causing the problem) and I hope next time I dive it'll start working correctly.

I am not allowed to post urls, but if you google "watch opener" you'll find it.

Or, more precisely "SE Watch Case Wrench, Adjustable, Jaxa Type: Watches"

Jamalserrar,

I have pictures of the tool in the first and fourth picture in this thread, I got it off ebay for quite cheap, as I recall I searched "watch battery change" and found a kit that included this tool among others. Or check out the search that Gogotsu mentioned, for a bit nicer option.

Gogotsu,
Glad you found some software that would clean up the memory for you, please keep us posted on the outcome, hopefully your problems were resolved.

The d9 and the d4 are similar on the back. Is the battery change the same as the d9? I would love to see pictures on this Brett.

Last edited:
Joe diver,

The backs of the computers are a bit different, the D6 is a much closer relative to the D4. The good news is I did a similar thread on that one, it's here . Good luck with the change, it sure beats sending it in, and I'd say the D4 is even easier than the D9.

Since nobody mentioned it yet in this thread:

If you want to explicitly buy the variant of the 3V lithium battery with the "smaller diameter part being as high as half of the battery", the right model is called CR2450N, not just CR2450.

I would have posted links to the spec PDFs if the forum software had allowed. You may guess from:
www renata com/pdf/3vlithium/CR2450N_v06.pdf or www farnell com/datasheets/575003.pdf

Brett, Thanks for the great thread! I was on the right track but the back as on so tight I was afraid I was doing something wrong. I found your thread and it confirmed I was on the right track. Each step went exactly as you said it would.

Fantastic! I got my "D9 Tool" off ebay last night and replaced the battery with no problems. Took it for 3 dives today and it worked fantastically. I just wanted to say a massive thanks to Brett, you are an absolute legend! Just a quick note, maybe add to your guide to unscrew the retainer ring counter-clockwise, mine was very tight to loosen and knowing which way to turn it would have been very comforting.

Thanks again
Jason

Jason,
Unfortunately I can't edit the thread any longer but I will note it here a couple of extra points of info from you and niemayer.

• the best fitting type of battery for the D9 is a CR2450N, that's the one with the proper neck on it.

• The retaining ring for the battery compartment unscrews counter clockwise, they can be tough to get off sometimes but the standard "lefty loosey" is how you take it off.

On another note, I just did my second battery change a couple of weeks ago, and it worked like a champ on my trip, I also did the transmitter battery this time which also worked great ;-). I'm happy to see this thread has been a help to so many people all around the world, I know it's handy info to have and I'm glad I could get it out there.

Back
Top Bottom