TrashFest 2010 - Oct 2nd - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there is enough interest, we can form the same two teams this year.

I can't absolutely commit at this point, but I think this is going to be something for me. I should know for sure mid-August once I have done my OW cert dives.

I would like to be part of this. If anyone would like to let me know what exactly I need to do in order to join up as part of a team, then please do.

The Rodeway Inn has a limited number of discount rooms available for Oct 1st and 2nd at a discounted TrashFest rate of $42.99 per night. To take advantage of this rate, participants must call (830-629-6991) before September 19th and tell the hotel you are with TrashFest 2010.

Also, don't forget pre-registration is now open!

:D

The Rodeway Inn has a limited number of discount rooms available for Oct 1st and 2nd at a discounted TrashFest rate of $42.99 per night. To take advantage of this rate, participants must call (830-629-6991) before September 19th and tell the hotel you are with TrashFest 2010.

Also, don't forget pre-registration is now open!

:D

Same place that offered the discount last year. The motel had clean rooms and was fairly close to the meeting site. The only drawback was that the pool and hot tub closed at 10pm.

Last edited:
Its a cool thing to do, but the comal depending on what section you get can be very similar to diving in your bathtub. Last year my fins were out of the water most of the time and my depth gauge never hit 6 feet.

But, its allot of fun a good way to meet people and dive a new place.

Totally worth it. :cool2:

We did have a great time last year. The cleanup is a lot of fun and is a great place to come out and meet other local swampers.
The cleanup is still 3 months out, but as the time gets closer we can start forming teams again.

So... Are there any teams forming up for this? The closer this gets the more likely it is that I'm going to plan on doing this. I don't want to jump the gun and register solo if I can get together with a team though. Let me know if there are any teams out there looking for a noob to join in the fun. I'll be coming down from DFW.

-Bump-

There is only 1 month left until Trashfest. I just wanted to get this back on the front page and see if other are still interested in going. I am going to make plans next week if Teams Swamp Divers and Fluss Rattans is still a go. I still am planning on going.

Right now I'm still planning on going down for this too. I haven't made any reservations or anything yet, but I'm definitely planning on heading down for this.

Back
Top Bottom