Shark awareness certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiburon77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live in NJ and am interested in getting a shark awareness specialty certification but without having to do all the travel. I know stuart cove's offers it and sometimes aquariums offer it as well. I tried googling it with no luck so if anyone knows of anything that would be near me, even if I had to travel a bit by car, then please let me know. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Short way, go diving, see shark, be aware of shark, done deal.

Short way, go diving, see shark, be aware of shark, done deal.

And then donate the money you would have spent on the certification to a worthy charitable organization that deals with shark research and conservation.

hmmm....shark certification?....sounds like another one for PADI to put on the list.

Not to completely hi-jack this thread, but do people kind of view the Fish I.D. (underwater naturalist) the same way? I don't always know what I'm looking at underwater and wanted to at least be able to categorize species a bit better so I can figure out more about them later. But if it's going to be a waste of time and money, then I'll just keep trying to learn more on my own and put that money towards another specialty.

Interesting, I didn't even know that there was a shark awareness specialty certification.:sharkattack:

Interesting, I didn't even know that there was a shark awareness specialty certification.:sharkattack:

There's also a Manta Awareness in Yap, Dolphin in roatan, and a great white in south africa.

I've only read of them being offered in tropical areas. There's been a 8 foot Bull pulled from the potomac this week...so, maybe try there :)

My wife would murder me if she found a "Great White Certification" in my dive book.

Literally, i'd be better off being eaten by the shark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom