Searching for Diver Darren Fox...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy **** dude that last picture is pretty hardcore. Welcome to the board. Good luck finding the owner of the camera, good for you for trying! Care to tell any further details of why you decided to go have your ear canals sealed? Doesn't that effect your work?

It's really good to see that you posted this Paul... I lost a camera back at Roatan and wish I had my name on it as Darren Fox does...!

I hope this Darren Fox catches wind of this thread...

They say "good people do good things!" so why would you get flamed for doing a good deed??? (no answer needed!)

Holy **** dude that last picture is pretty hardcore. Welcome to the board. Good luck finding the owner of the camera, good for you for trying! Care to tell any further details of why you decided to go have your ear canals sealed? Doesn't that effect your work?

No, it doesn't affect my work. I was born deaf and my ears were nearly worthless as is anyways. I lost all my remaining residual hearing with this surgery which was done by Dr. Slattery at the House of Ear Institute in Los Angeles. Even though Dr Slattery does work in Hawaii, the only way I could make insurance pick up the tab other than to engage in an epic battle with them, was to also fly out of the state to have it done so that it would fall under the outpatient category. It is a rather radical surgery to perform and it took me years to find somebody who was willing to do it. My only regret was not going with my common sense and gut instinct to have the remaining space around the cochlea filled up with some type of material to remove any remaining air in there. I find that I still have to clear my ears despite what the surgeon thought. At least I only need to clear it 1/3s as often. Used to be every 5 feet. Now it's about every 15 feet.
Ear Clearing at the Sea Tiger - 100'+

-Paul

Less than 3 hours after the first post went up, the camera is reunited with it's owner...

IMG_1672.jpg

-Paul

Pretty cool! Nice Job!!!

wonder if thats the same darren that that runs the tech dive shop over on sand Island access road.? Ocean legends diving,I dont think he follows scuba board but it could be him.....808.852.8881 just did some checking and the owner of the dive shop is also darren fox so i imagine its his camrea.

It was in fact Darren Fox, owner of Ocean Legends! I just recently started working for Darren in Oahu, and the camera actually fell off one of our boat charters the day before.

Darren is very excited to have the camera back as we were looking for it for a while!! Thank you again Paul! (I was actually waiting in the car and saw you guys take the reunited picture haha)

Pretty cool! Thanks Paul!

BTW: Your videos are hard core! :)

Back
Top Bottom