• 60 - 80 feet

Votes: 63 35.8%
  • 80 - 100 feet

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • deeper then 100 feet

Votes: 39 22.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the last couple of months I've made dives where max depths ranged from 22' to 93' with averages from 12' to 72'. I've enjoyed them all, be it the equipment familiarization in my local lake or trips to the Keys and West Palm. It's all about what there is to see, and how deep you have to go to see it. As long as I'm deep enough to be out of the wave surge from the surface I'm happy. The beautiful colors on a shallow reef along with the warm water make those 25 to 30 foot dives fun. Deep reefs and wrecks make going in the deep end great fun too!

i usually dive 20-40 feet, but honestly thats only because ive been certified for about a week, got certified in a shorty and the thermocline was at about 30 feet. sooooo yeah not able to go down that much further lol

Depends on the dive site, who I'm diving with, and why I'm doing the dive.

10 to 240 feet ... on average ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I like polls where you can choose them all because for me they all apply. Thanks for not doing the just choose one poll.

I always dive to the bottom. So far, I've been able to make it to the bottom on every attempt :wink: Actually, I stay 2 or three feet off the bottom so I don't kick up any silt. The depth depends on the dive site and the tides (the tides near Seattle can vary by 15 feet or more!). When I go to Cove 2 my deepest has been 75 - 102 feet. Mukilteo Oil Dock, about 40 feet.

Most of my dive recently have been at Cove 2, down to around 100 ft. That's where the GPOs are.

Ron

I have done most of my diving in So Cal and the kelp forest is my favorite place so it is mostly in the forest from 20 down to 90 in some places. There are a few spots that go to 105 but thats the end of the kelp at least where I've been. I have been a bit deeper but that was done as a part of a group for a specific reason.

I like the idea of a maximum average, nearly as meaningful as an average maximum!

What is my average dive?

My average ocean boat dive, my average quarry dive or my average dive in a spring cavern?

My average ocean boat dive is about 70, my average quarry dive is about 35 and my average spring cavern is 65 more or less.

Back
Top Bottom