Canon T2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how does a video look like using the tokina 10-17 on a t2i? i'm planning on going on a great white shark cage dive and thinking about getting the t2i and tokina 10-17 setup. thanks!

Thanks; I'm hoping to do the Aggressor one day . . .

What do the diopters do ?

Any UW photos out there with the T2i Tokina 10-17mm combo ? Curious to see how much fisheye curve there is.

10mm F/5.6

Fisheye is pretty apparent, but I had to search around the collection to find one that looked this extreme.

Tom

Attachments

• Bow_FE_SM.jpg
    Bow_FE_SM.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 102
I just purchased the T2i and am looking at housings. Due to affordability it comes down to the Sea & Sea or the Ikelite. I prefer the Sea & Sea but I don't see a way to use my Ikelite Strobes. Is there a solution or am I locked into the Ikelite? I am getting the Tokina 10-17 as my wide lens. I am looking at the Canon 60mm for Macro but have seen references that the Canon 100 mm is better, why?

I just purchased the T2i...it comes down to the Sea & Sea or the Ikelite. I prefer the Sea & Sea but I don't see a way to use my Ikelite Strobes.
Nauticam allows you to add a Nikonos connector with iTTL converter or Ikelite bulkhead with internal converter to use ikelite strobes. You might contact Jack Connick at Optical oceans for details and suggestions. Ikelite does not make it easy to use other housings, but it's doable.
Nauticam NA-550D Canon T2i Housing - Nauticam DSLR Housings & Accessories - Optical Ocean Sales Underwater Photo - 800-359-1295!

Is there a solution or am I locked into the Ikelite? I am getting the Tokina 10-17 as my wide lens. I am looking at the Canon 60mm for Macro but have seen references that the Canon 100 mm is better, why?

Better? Different for sure. The 100mm gives you more working distance to your subject, if you have a nervous one, or you need to position strobes. Both are outstanding lenses, the 60 is more compact so that is a win for it. You can get the job done with a 60mm for sure, and if you have just one, that would be my choice underwater. The refraction of salt water lengthens the lens by 33%, so your 60mm acts like an 80mm. On land, usually the 100mm is better, but you can get by with either.

I am looking at the Canon 60mm for Macro but have seen references that the Canon 100 mm is better, why?

The 60mm macro is a tad on the slow side in terms of autofocus.

Tom

The 60mm macro is a tad on the slow side in terms of autofocus.

Tom

Not in my hands. On my 7D, it is difficult to see the difference in focus speed between the 60 and the 100 (it is the old 100, not the new one).
Bill

Back
Top Bottom