Aqua Lung Legend or Mikron Vs Apexs 200 or flight vs Mares Carbon Vs Oceanic EOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys -Many Old posts but can anyone give some lastest comparisions on the above ? I am just after a really good Reg - I have just restarted diving in the past 2 years but am probably up to 500/600 dives ? and need to research what's pretty good and what's pretty average - investing an extra couple of hundred buck over the next 5 years won't concern me but every dive shop I speak to seems to push their brand and bags out (Auzzie term for dumps on ) the others ..... HELP !!! :confused

I have 2 Mikrons, and 3 friends of mine have tried mine and bought Mikrons as well, they are small, light, and work! What more could you want? (caveat, I think they are a warm water only reg, but that's just fine with me!)

I'd concur on the "warm water reg" part, also...if you are a big person you could out-breath its performance. Legend & Apeks 200 are essentially the same regs, or if it makes people feel better - can compare apples to apples. Either one is as good as the other. The flight is a good warm water reg and a big person wont over-breath it. As for Mares and Oceanic - I have no personal use knowledge so I wont comment on them.

I have the Apeks ATX 200 and LOVE IT! Wife has the ATX 50, I used to use the titan lx series and Scubapro MK20/G250 and wont give up my Apeks.

Good luck

All are good regulators and have advantages. It comes down to a matter of personal choice. We air travel extensively and warm water dive. Have the Micron and would not trade it for anything else--love the size and weight.

Thanks guys- now just down to hunting around for a good deal on price .... I didn't know Apeks was owned by Aqualung ?? Does that indicate that Apeks is their CHEAP (lesser quality) version or is it a marketing ploy to gain greater market share by owning a competitor ??? ....I guess I don't really care as long as the quality is the same ....

Liquid Air, the French gas company owns many dive manufacturers; eg. Aqualung, Apeks, Suunto, Technisub, Seaquest, US Divers, Whites ....

All the regs Apeks make today, are developed & made at their facility in England. The AL Legend, didn't exist prior to the acquisition of Apeks. The Legend is a modified copy of the ATX 200.

Back
Top Bottom