Dives disappearing from VT Pro Oceanlog dives index (except most recent dive & 1 old)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gismonkey

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a VT Pro that has performed admirably for the most part, but last week it stopped allowing me to download data for any dive but the last one (and a weird error dive). Normally, I download it about once every 2 weeks, pulling about 15 dives off it. Now, when I connect to it using Oceanlog, the dive index only lists the last dive I made and a single dive dated in 2002 (instead of the usual past 40 or so dives). The last dive downloads correctly, and the 2002 dive downloads fine (it looks like one I did right after the last battery change before fixing the date/time).

Has anyone had this happen and (hopefully) solved it? I have tried changing the sampling rate (was 5 ft, but have tried 15 and 30 seconds), setting up a new dive log, downloading it before and after additional dives, and staring at it with frustration. The VT Pro still has all the dives logged, so I can pull them up and enter them in my log manually, and I had a fresh battery put in about a month ago.

Any thoughts? I've had a few downloading glitches with this a while ago, but they were resolved by cleaning the contacts on the cable/computer well. I'm thinking of putting it in the highest sampling rate mode and trying to force it to cycle entirely through the memory. Or, is this an OceanLog 2.2.27 problem? I haven't changed anything recently that would seem at all related.

Last edited:
Just a quick update; after a few weeks of this bizarre non-function, suddenly my VT Pro works fine again, and all the dives that weren't there have downloaded fine. Strange, but I'm used to this computer doing strange things (such intermittently displaying a false low battery indicator). I guess I'll just start looking into buying a VT3 or something to replace it before it dies completely.

Back
Top Bottom