For those of you looking for good deals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Travelocity has airfare for $198 roundtrip from Chicago to Cozumel right now. They also have airfare from chicago, Hotel for a week at Park Royal (all inclusive) for $800/person but I believe certain dates apply. We just got back from the same deal but ours was only $700/person so prices are going up...

Curious, What dates?
I've been looking for a long weekend in the beginning of October (Wed to Mon) and getting in the $700 Plus range. Ever since Mexicana went under airfare from ORD has skyrocketed. Until American starts flying to CUN there is only United non-stop. Best one stop deal to CZM is Continental ($750+). Seasonal Delta and USAir don't even offer any good flights to the Yucatan. My preference would be Non-stop to CUN any airline or One stop CZM on Continental. Airfare has tripled to what I've paid in the past. Heck I'd even go from Milwaukee or Rockford if the price was right.

Curious, What dates?
I've been looking for a long weekend in the beginning of October (Wed to Mon) and getting in the $700 Plus range. Ever since Mexicana went under airfare from ORD has skyrocketed. Until American starts flying to CUN there is only United non-stop. Best one stop deal to CZM is Continental ($750+). Seasonal Delta and USAir don't even offer any good flights to the Yucatan. My preference would be Non-stop to CUN any airline or One stop CZM on Continental. Airfare has tripled to what I've paid in the past. Heck I'd even go from Milwaukee or Rockford if the price was right.

check it out for yourself. It's for travel within the next 90 days. Probably on Continental. Travelocity --> Travel Deals ----> Chicago to Mexico, highlight only Cozumel. Wish I had the vacation time I'd go back in a couple months!

Thanks for the link!
I checked non-stop yo CUN and one stop to CZM...Dates won't work for the day I/we can travel. Return dates on the link are hard to come by. I'll keep looking though. Cheap seats do become available when the airlines figure out nobody will pay the for overpriced tickets.

Travelocity has airfare for $198 roundtrip from Chicago to Cozumel right now. They also have airfare from chicago, Hotel for a week at Park Royal (all inclusive) for $800/person but I believe certain dates apply. We just got back from the same deal but ours was only $700/person so prices are going up...
Is that $198 truly the bottom line fare? Airlines are notorious for advertising what looks like a really good deal until you figure in all the add-on fees.

Nah...that's the base fare......real fare is a little over $300 which is still great.....I played around with the AA thru DFW and you could go on Oct 1st but not come back until the 25th!......yep, they are sneaky that way.

I just read ### pages of DiverSmith's post on why he left the Park Royal and went to the Grand, so watch out for the Park Royal. Peacocks and timeshare sharks and beggars, oh my!

Glad to have reconnected with this board. :)

Hi Betsy!

I just read ### pages of DiverSmith's post on why he left the Park Royal and went to the Grand, so watch out for the Park Royal. Peacocks and timeshare sharks and beggars, oh my!

Glad to have reconnected with this board. :)

Hi Betsy!

That's funny, I read it too... I stayed at the park royal for 8 days and not once got solicited for anything. The staff was awesome, everything was very clean and the food was great and we tried every restaurant. A matter of fact not one thing he talked about occurred on our trip. It was the best (and cheapest) vacation I've ever been on and I've been to about 20 different islands/cruises/resorts in the caribbean.:idk:

Thanks for the info StreetDoc. Looking at Coz for end of Oct-early Nov. Stayed at Park Royal last Feb and found the accomodations to be similar to what you had. Hope you had a good time. Who did you dive with?

Back
Top Bottom