Official Swamper Campout Sept 10-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering if anyone was planning on getting together Friday evening maybe for dinner. I'm going to suggest the Hooters in Round Rock right off I-35 and Louis Henna Blvd. I'll be heading there from Fort Worth and probably getting there between 7 and 8 depending on traffic. Just a thought.

Sorry I will not be there till tomorrow (Saturday) However, if you do go out allow me to make a suggestion. Avoid Hooters and other name brand restaurants that are a dime a dozen. Besides the food at Hooters is not that good and it is not like you have never seen the waitresses before. Instead check out Iguana Grill. Take 620 as if you were going to Lake Travis and pass the turn off for it. A few miles down the road start looking for their sign on the right. It is easy to miss the sign so you will have to keep a sharp lookout. Anyway it is a Tex-Mex restaurant that overlooks the lake. Most Friday and Saturday nights they have a live band there. Now the place is usually packed so you may have to wait a bit but with the bar and the live band that should not be much of an issue. If you would rather wait for a late lunch on Saturday to go there then I am game after diving.

I will be out Saturday afternoon for a dive w/ Ianr33 & Cavemn

Looking forward to a nice weekend and hanging out Saturday night.

The Swamp banner is up. Took the advice of the proprietress and hung it in a group of trees straight down from the check in desk. Kind of the center of the upper park. She said people would take the tables whether or no the banner was up. And indeed there was one guy (not a diver) sitting there already.

If anyone does camp tonight feel free to move the banner (and our claim stake) over closer to the water. Looking fwd to seeing everyone tomorrow!

So anyone been in the water to checkout the vis today? I'm definitely curious what it's going to be like tomorrow.

Oh my skin is starting to dry and crack.... it must be Friday and I need to dive tomorrow!!!

Well, today was a great day out there on the Giant Stride. We got out to Starnes Island and the Cypress Wall. The vis was actually pretty good, or so I thought with about 8 feet or so down to about 35 to 40 feet. However beyond 40 feet it turned into chocolate milk with vis under 2 feet. I rode that all the way down to 55 feet before calling no joy on the lack of vis.

We pulled out about half a dozen sunglasses, and left about a ton of trash down there for the cleanup tomorrow. Whoever is doing Starnes will be busy, but we didn't see nearly as much trash down at Cypress Wall. I wish I could join you guys out there again tomorrow.

Hey glad you had a good dive with Robert. Peppermint and I were the only two who showed up at Windypoint and vis was about the same there as you mentioned above.

Correction, Zinc, Ianr33 and Cavemn were there as well doing their high speed tech diving stuff :wink: So we were not the only two who showed up haha Neither one of us could hang with them though!

I wish I'd had the time to make it over there to Windy Point to at least say hey, but after the diving we headed straight for Iguana Grill for some grub. From Iguana, it was on the road for the long drive home. I really hope that everyone had a good time and has fun at the cleanup tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom