Beware of Leisure Pro - bad experience buying a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About the 30 days. Sorry I should have clarified. The regulators were in hand <30 days, although the invoice date was ~32 days at the time of the call (transit time). Being nit-picky about this detail was annoying. Never sent it in to LP, called for RMA and they refused to take it back.

Bottom line is not to expect much from LP in terms of service & support other than being able to exchange a pair of booties, a wetsuit or mask because it didn't fit.

The savings were appreciable. I think it was at least $100 cheaper than at an LDS, but don't quote me because my LDS really only reps Scuba Pro.

Which they could have adjusted your IP in about 3 minutes.

I am always amazed at people. They go to an big online order site, because they save money. They never think that to cut those prices so low, something has to be sacrificed, whether it is the face to face service, the immediate work, or the warranty. The lds cannot buy in such large bulk, but if it a good one, certainly will come through on your needs.
I have had customers come in with a reg problem or bc issue, and if it takes me longer than I day or so to fix, I gladly give him gear to dive with until I get his sorted. I know other shops that practice the same thing. And yet, I still get the, "I'll buy from you if you can beat Leisurepro's price......."
Okay, I am done fussing. sort of- I Am a woman, after all:D

Let me chime in here on this, as a few things stand out to me in the OP’s post that are worth commenting on. At Leisure Pro we do have a very lenient return policy where we allow items to be returned up to 60/120 days as long as they haven't been used. Once products are used if they are found to be defective then the manufacturer provides the warranty directly.

In this case had we taken it back we would have sent it into Aeris on your behalf for warranty repair, then once repaired they would have returned it to us and we would send it back to you, this would delay the process a couple of weeks and only UPS would benefit of all the transportation charges. By no means did we intend to wash our hands of the issue, should we hear from a customer that they don’t want to deal with the manufacturer for any given reason then we would be happy to go thru the process mentioned above. I get customers sometimes who call us back after speaking to (or at least trying to) the manufacturer and say they would rather deal with us, that’s perfectly fine.

[FONT=&quot]In regards wildbill who was upset because the rep on the phone asked him “What I wanted to do about it?” it’s a simple question that can be easily misunderstood I suppose. He was someone who had a severe time crunch, possibly he just wanted to try to pick up something locally, perhaps it wasn’t that big of a deal and if the item arrives after the trip that’s fine. The bottom line is it is his call, we want to try to resolve the situation with the best solution for him, if it’s canceling so be it, if you want something else I’ll try to help you find it. There have been times when customers have called in and I have spent 15 mins. trying to find them an alternative product just to find out that they really have their heart set on this one only. It’s no problem by me, I’m just here to help you out, it all works best when you tell us what you would prefer. [/FONT]

A Kosher butcher named Lapenta? :shocked2:

My first wife was Jewish. I was certified by the Vaad for the entire koshering process with the stipulation that an orthodox Jew had to be present during the process. Once the meat is Kosher then as long as procedures for handling are observed anyone can cut. We had several orthodox employees as well as the owner.

My first wife was Jewish. I was certified by the Vaad for the entire koshering process with the stipulation that an orthodox Jew had to be present during the process. Once the meat is Kosher then as long as procedures for handling are observed anyone can cut. We had several orthodox employees as well as the owner.

Oy vey, I go Parve due to my aler-jays. (taking pronunciation license here)

I used to see similar "attitude" complaints about B&H back in the day when you had to call them on the phone. I always knew what I wanted when I called and never had an issue. You could hear the multiple phone conversations in the background--those guys were busy!

ROFL. Were busy and (thankfully) are busy. Being Hasidic or a Nu Yawker is no excuse for being rude but there are regional and cultural differences and I'm well aware that to many who live west of the Hudson, the brisk demeanor of the typical New Yorker can be misconstrued as brusque.

BTW, someone mentioned our holiday schedule. It's here.

ROFL. Were busy and (thankfully) are busy. Being Hasidic or a Nu Yawker is no excuse for being rude but there are regional and cultural differences and I'm well aware that to many who live west of the Hudson, the brisk demeanor of the typical New Yorker can be misconstrued as brusque.

BTW, someone mentioned our holiday schedule. It's here.

One man's rude is another man's succinct.
Even though I own a shop, I have still purchased from Leisurepro. They have always treated me really well and given excellent service.

I am not sure exactly what they could have possibly done differently.

Ive purchased from several online retailers.. LeisurePro, Scuba.com, ScubaToys, etc etc.

Almost all have been good buying experiences. ScubaToys even sent me an item before I paid for it. I needed it shipped that day but didnt have the credit card info with me.. so.. they threw it on the Ups truck and trusted me enough to call back the next day with the payment. Of course they probably could have canceled the shipment, but still, it was nice of them to do that.

The only thing that Ive ran into occasionally with some sites is items being out of stock. This is understandable sometimes.. but I wish we would know up front... before the order.. whether the item is available for immediate shipping. Maybe I should call and talk to a real person rather than type and click on my keyboard. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom