forcefin2020 Youtube channel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mamainse Harbour Ontario. About two hours north of Sault Ste Marie. A great training site for divers of all levels. Or, Bluff Road in Traverse City. You can hit 200ft from a surface swim or any depth from OW to Trimix.

The OPS -Oscillating Propulsion System - Force Fin is made exclusively for Jean Michel Cousteau's Ocean Futures Society Dive Team and this blade is the star of this show. It has a long narrow blade that tapers to a point, to draw water similar to the way in which water wicks to the end of a leaf. When you kick it oscillates like an eel! When locked into its flat position, the blade is flexible. Twist the blade at its point of attachment to stiffen the blade and shorten the oscillation for more sprint acceleration, when confronting current!

Join Fabien Cousteau, Holly Lohuis, Blair Mott, Don Santee and begin your exploration by diving one of the oil rigs near the Flower Garden National Marine Sanctuary, freedive in the North Western Hawaiian Island chain then navigate the Arctic ice with a final warm farewell in the French Polynesian waters off the atoll Rangiroa

What goes into the process of designs. Harry J. Wirth has been teaching Art and Design for more than 30 years. His interest in how form and function are so important in design lead him to Force Fins. Bob Evans and Harry J. Wirth have been friends for a long time and in this video they catch up on thoughts and observations of the Force Fin design.

Pardon some of the transitions, but we had unfortunate playback on one of the tapes and we did our best to save the moment.
This is PART ONE of their most recent time together in the park talking design and Force Fins.
Learn more about Harry J. Wirth's work and past exhibits and his thoughts on the process of the Force Fin design.

Wreck Diving with Force Fins

The Ocean Futures Society Dive Team explored this wreck using both Open Circuit and Closed Circuit mixed gas to complete their survey. They also used Force Fins. The Closed Circuit Rebreather divers are using the Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fins while the Open Circuit divers are using the OPS Force Fin in the Tan Delta material and the Excellerating Force Fin

Last edited:
Blair, thanks for producing another great video. I might say all this happens without my knowledge and I am always surprised at your talents. Good finning action. ..showing toes being freed from the flexing blade. The scoped blade and back side ribbing produce rebound and a snapping action captured in your video. The excellerating Force fin has all ways been a winner, but the cost of $700.00 has kept it's exposure limited world wide, But my new camera system cost over $2000.00 and needs good finning to push around. What's next"s Blair ??????

Bob,
Glad you liked the video and I appreciate your comments. The Excellerating Force Fin is my all time Force Fin favorite.

Getting to and from the dive site safely has always been the most important criteria for me when choosing a fin and the Excellerating Force Fins have proven to be the best for me and my work. Bob thanks again for designing and producing a smart fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom