Two Steel 120 HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair or Faber steel 120s with current hydro, vis and Nitrox clean. You can have the cylinders for $500 plus shipping from Missouri.

PM sent, also.

You obviously got more time than money. That was a very long post to simply say "there was no such deal."

You are right. Worthington aren't for penny pinchers.

Good luck on your search.

You obviously got more time than money. That was a very long post to simply say "there was no such deal."

You are right. Worthington aren't for penny pinchers.

Good luck on your search.

One thing I always have time for is to defend myself....especially on a public forum. Money is not the end game.

My search, as you can see, again... if you bother to read anything....is going quite well.

Good luck on your sale...if that's what you call it.

Hey Guys (and ladies if any are reading & posting)….

I have been told by many dive shops the margin on tanks is almost zero. They sell them as more a convenience as they know (or hope at the least) you will return for higher profit margin items such as fills, service, and other gear. In all fairness one person’s “hook-up” is something he or she earned by being a loyal customer and possibly being active with the store. In my opinion using this “hook-up” to purchase gear for others is somewhat cheating the LDS. They are selling that particular person gear at a discounted rate for their patronage. Now if this person brings the person wanting their “hook-up” into the shop and the owner (or sales person) wishes to share that better price, so be it.

Not looking to take sides here, but we must remember these places are in business to make money. Granted the owner would rather have a repeat customer and only make 10% profit on $10,000 of “life time sales” as opposed to 25% on a onetime $1,000 sale. Yet if he undercuts his sales margin each time for everyone, he won’t be there for the next time you need that great deal….

Happy diving to all, and just remember- support your local shops. You can’t get air fills via shipping tanks!

Hey Guys (and ladies if any are reading & posting)….

I have been told by many dive shops the margin on tanks is almost zero. They sell them as more a convenience as they know (or hope at the least) you will return for higher profit margin items such as fills, service, and other gear. In all fairness one person’s “hook-up” is something he or she earned by being a loyal customer and possibly being active with the store. In my opinion using this “hook-up” to purchase gear for others is somewhat cheating the LDS. They are selling that particular person gear at a discounted rate for their patronage. Now if this person brings the person wanting their “hook-up” into the shop and the owner (or sales person) wishes to share that better price, so be it.

Not looking to take sides here, but we must remember these places are in business to make money. Granted the owner would rather have a repeat customer and only make 10% profit on $10,000 of “life time sales” as opposed to 25% on a onetime $1,000 sale. Yet if he undercuts his sales margin each time for everyone, he won’t be there for the next time you need that great deal….

Happy diving to all, and just remember- support your local shops. You can’t get air fills via shipping tanks!

Amen.

Whew-

After I posted that I thought first comment would be negative!
Maybe 7 year of college did pay off! :)

From reading other forums/posts on here, it appears there is always that handful that want to argue. It could be the sky is blue or bluish-white!

I do appreciate that response though.

7 years of college and you still cannot afford your own compressor. And have to depend on LDS for fills.

:rofl3:

7 years of college and you still cannot afford your own compressor. And have to depend on LDS for fills.

:rofl3:

There's always one...

UaVaj, how many fills did it take to make your compressor a better deal than paying for fills? Air fills can be had for $3 for an 80cf fill here in PCB. Unless you're selling fills out of your house I think maintenance costs would make buying a compressor a -EV proposition for a single diver. Of course you would be able to do the EV calculation yourself if you had some college under your belt.

Back
Top Bottom