Tank value (hope this is good place to post..)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MDJ1016

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am considering making the move from LP steel tanks (yoke) to HP steel tanks (DIN). I have four LP tanks (104’s and 107’s) in current hydro, VIP, and O2 cleaned. Is there somewhere to define a fair value? I want to sell them in the near future, but have no idea where to start from a value perspective.

(They are fresh water use tanks…no salt!)

I would say to check the classifieds for this section and see what people are asking and how fast they are being sold. You might even be able to check ebay to see what they are selling for. You could also check craigs list or ask a few local dive shops what they are worth???

Funny you say "on-line" related items- LDS told me same thing....

Curious if they are worth selling or just holding onto.

Average price would be around $200 for what you describe. I bought a couple from fleabay for under $125 each with shipping and no valves. I had a couple of DIN H valves sitting around so it was a great match.

I noticed you said considering ... why do you want HP and DIN? If DIN I would just swap out the valves as getting money out of cylinders can be really hard. And LP cylinders are great.

Looking to move into ice diving, and from what I have read and been told (by reliable source) DIN is a more secure connection to tank valve. Also I will be setting-up doubles or redundant air source, and DIN seems to be more of the commonly accepted standard.
Size of the HPs vs. the LPs is also a selling point for me. The notion of having 100 CF of air (ok, Nitrox) in the size of an AL 80 floats my boat. I love my LP tanks, and especially the weight they have taken off my (or out of) my BC weight pockets. Last but not least, the DIN upset seems to spark an interest in my bubbled mind!

$200- ouch. Maybe they will get tossed on the dBay. I see they go for $225 plus on there, I just thought that was abnormal.

As noted above, keep the lp cylinders and change out the valves to Din.
You should be able to find Din valves for about $35.00 ea. .
The cylinders may go as high as $225.00 on e-bay, but they charge you to list them and then a final value charge also.

Jim breslin

No way I'd change from LP to HP if you can get fills 3k+ in an LP tank. Save your money and buy DIN valves. I have some 200bar DIN valves (Blue Steel) i'll sell you for $25ea. + Shipping.

But, to answer your question, in Hydro, used tanks, usually I see sets of double 95's and 104's with valves, bands, and isolator for the $400.00 range. So, just naked tanks, probably $150'ish or less for used.

Back
Top Bottom