Colorado dive show - who is going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well you can thank me for getting Neal to make the spelling changes! I can't tolerate misspellings and especially in a "professional" type program such as this. It really is a slap in the face to those that are paying good money to purchase a space at such a program as this. Like I told him, it was hard to see this as a serious and professional show and felt perhaps I would be wasting my time making a visit. But I will be there this morning to check it all out with a clear conscience that I helped make it look more professional for those that are representing those "misspelled" locations!

I agree with previous postings about the website... it didn't come off as all that professional.

Sorry to say I didn't think the actual show was all that exciting either. Saw many of the same rep's that go to the A1 sale, but it just didn't have the same excitement level. At least for me, I thought that Sea Shepherd was the most interesting thing there.

I recognized a few people from the A1 May sale. It was.....OK. The Cochran dive computer guy was infomative, I hadn't seen one before, not that I need anything that elaborate but it would be nice to have them call and say I won it!

I am awaiting some reviews,but from what i hear it was mostly a travel show. I would have love to see more manufactures and even maybe say SSI and PADI there. I know A1 and Weaver have their big shows as well as some others, BUT where where the manufactures? Denver is a big regional hub for divers and no manufactures? Is it the people putting it on? Or is it something else?

I believe SSI was there, next to the Denver Divers exhibit. Didn't see anything for PADI.

It did seem like a travel show, I wonder if having Dive Assure as a sponsor has something to do with that?

This was my first dive show and I went in it not really knowing what to expect. IMO, it really did seem more or less like a travel show. I would have loved to see more equipment suppliers there showcasing equipment and Q&A with them. Overall, I had a pretty good time. I thought the seminars could have improved or been advertised better, the ones I went to only had a hand full of people attending. I wasn't able to make it to the Sea Shephard seminar, but I bet that one got the most attention. I think more advertising of the show and adding more equipment suppliers and PADI, SSI, TDI reps would have made a big difference.

Overall, I had a pretty good time. I met a bunch of new people and a couple peeps from Scuba Board. Travelers in Paradise are a really nice couple and I met Shark Wisperer from the Shark Bait dive club too. (She had all the insider details, like where to find the free food :D) I also won a couple free classes, so it was a good day and I'm glad I went.

Jewls, It was great meeting you at the show. I wish we had more time to talk and visit. Maybe next year.

I thought the show was well run for the first one under this management. It will take some time to build it up and make it a regular thing. Spelling aside I think Brad did a great job. Things were well planned and well run.

I do agree about the need for better advertising and I think Brad needs to understand better the draw area. Our dive shops in Montana didn't have discount tickets. If they had I think more would have gone.

I did see the folks from SDI/TDI and SSI there. Not PADI. Their loss, if you ask me.

Did anyone else get some of the free Rum. It made the St Croix booth the best IMHO!

If you think that a show has too much travel, don't blame the promoter. I know he asked, begged, cajoled and even bribed many more people to display. Here's a thought: if you missed someone there, please tell them about it. If they have a presence here on ScubaBoard, tell them that you would appreciate meeting them in person and point out how important these kind of shows are!

This was my first dive show, and even though there was an overabundance of travel, It was very enjoyable. Considering Colorado has the highest number per capita of divers, I'm surprised we haven't had a large dive show prior to this one. The rep from Sealife that I spoke with, told me they co all of their consumer studies here. Hopefully the next one will have more equipment. I did order a wetsuit though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom