Wannadive Bonaire - trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ernani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
This was my third visit to boanire in the last 3 years. I dove with another operator on the two previous trips - it was good and I had no complaints.
This trip I decided to stay at the Wannadive Hut, and thus dove with them.
As posted here and on Bonaire talk by others, the Hut is a good solution for value accommodation; good location with dive services on location, spotlessly clean and cheap - excellent value for money. One has to understand it is basic and maybe not a perfect solution for your honeymoon! I was traveling alone and enjoyed the young, friendly atmosphere.

I highly recommend their dive operation though! I guess many offer same pricing and free Nitrox [unlimited]. For me as shore diver, the Wannadive offered a big difference by having two relevant locations, both excellent beach locations. One is within the Eden Resort on the north side of town [near the Marina]. This is their main location and one can enjoy a "real" beach [kind of] and a dive deck. Second location is on the water across from Windsock Resort. Beautiful, quiet property with beach long chairs, large deck, showers and equipment locker room. You can get your tanks [and leave them] on both locations. Enjoy a great place for surface intervals and use both location as excellent bases for night dives. It was VERY comfi.

Wannadive crew looks as if they will go way out of their way to make you happy.

FOr those sceptics, who will ask themselves.....NO, I am not affiliated with the dive operator nor with anything else on Bonaire - just a happy costumer.:cool2:

Nice to hear the hut is still going strong, I stayed there just after it opened. It's not fancy but it fills the bill for a clean but inexpensive place to stay. I know Bart well so your comments on Wannadive are no surprize, they are always top notch...

I last dove with Wannadive in 2008 and they run an excellent operation. In fact, I'm heading back on Oct 2nd for another week there at Eden Beach resort, in the company of some Nashville friends.

I have not used Wannadive myself, but I have dived with friends who were, at their Windsock Resort site, and the people staffing the site were more than friendly and helpful. I have heard nothing negative about them.

Thank you very much guys, for all the heads up! I appreciate it. In the upcoming week we will celebrate our tenth anniversary. It is thanks to all of you that this will be a fantastic party!! Once again thank you very very much! Oh and those on island then...... 2 october the week long celebrations kick off at Kontiki Beach 8 PM Y'all are more than welcome!!!!

Bart

gypsyjim,
appreciate your friends thoughts , inputs about Windsock Resort? Thinking about this place for next visit to Bonaire. Many places to choose from. Have been to Black Durgon Inn many times but thinking south for next time whenever that is..... oh well....

I have not used Wannadive myself, but I have dived with friends who were, at their Windsock Resort site, and the people staffing the site were more than friendly and helpful. I have heard nothing negative about them.

Jim, I dove with Wannadive my first time on the Island, and Bart and his crew do a wonderful job at diving freedom. They give you a Great overview of the isalnd, what and when to dive the sites. They are there to take care of Equipment issues and have a great Happy Hour! :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom