Inspiration to go diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL My inspiration is a simple one. LOL I broke up with my girlfriend and went to Hawaii with another lady :) They had a discover scuba there that we decided to do and so we did. I got hooked then when we got back home LOL that relationship went south so I went back with the original girlfriend who hates diving.

But on a more serious note too I am not heat tolerant. I get sick easy in the heat so I do water sports which help reduce heat stress. I could not swim one foot when I got certified but since have worked on my swimming skills and am making progress still today. Just I guess living proof non swimmers should not be certified however I strongly encourage all divers to be able to swim just for the same reason I learned. Your in water and if something goes wrong it may be a life saver to swim :)

But thats my encouragement in that its peaceful, Cool temps, and most importantly with the exception of a few people (Mainly I have met on here) most divers tend to be friendly, kind hearted and friendships are almost instant when on dive trips!

That is an awesome video "Magic Beneath the Waves," bburville!

Thanks for sharing it.

I just wanted to see the pretty fish!

As a kid, it captured my imagination. So shoot me! :D

LOL... No need to shoot anybody because of difference of opinion. Sheesh. :D

Especially the NETDOC. Heck, this is his board, so he if anyone should be able to express his opinion. :cool2:

A little difference makes the world go around, eh Netdoc?

I think now if I had a TV and Cable, the National Geographic Channel or the Discovery channel would do the same as the old Costeau specials that would come on. Especially when they have something underwater.

Flipper !!! ... :rofl3:

As a kid in UK the ultimate diving inspiration had to be "Stingray" :D

Highly educational as well, check the start of this 1964 clip for the effects of Narcosis - he's too deep, so off comes the air tank, in come the mixed up thoughts and hallucinations ...

YouTube - Stingray: Raptures Of The Deep - Part 2

Diving without gear, finding jewels and as if more inspiration was needed, I seem to recall he was regularly rescued by the shows resident 'sex symbol' - the stunning pure mermaid female diver - Aqua Marina

YouTube - Stingray TV Show Outro (1964) Aqua Marina

Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson, Daddy and I would sit in front of the old B/W t.v., there was no color t.v. back then, and watch that show. The Costeau docs. were prime watching on PBS.
I would rather be in an ocean, river, pond or mud puddle 3 to 80 feet down than be at work!!!

1968, I'm 5 and always spent our summers on the Gold Coast, Qld.
Saw some guys with a playing with some gear (double hoses) near a boat ramp my dad would use.
could not believe they were going underwater.
Within two months had my goggles snorkel and flippers.
I was a big fan of Rodney Fox, Ben Cropp, Ron & Valarie Taylor, and The spit pet porpoise pool.

Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson, Daddy and I would sit in front of the old B/W t.v., there was no color t.v. back then, and watch that show. The Costeau docs. were prime watching on PBS.
I would rather be in an ocean, river, pond or mud puddle 3 to 80 feet down than be at work!!!

If you didn't feel this way I would wonder about your sanity:rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom