Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in the spirit of approaching halloween, thread resurrection!

jameson is 3 3/4. he's in preschool three days a week. it is the 18mo-3yr class again, though, because he wasn't ready to move up. lots of fast language goes right over his head, sorta like charlie brown's teacher, but that seems to be getting better.

he eats everything & often. he's a great sleeper 99% of the time. he likes blue's clues and elmo. he likes being rock-rocked at night.

he has a diagnosis of persistent developmental delay - not otherwise specified, which is a tiny edge of the autism spectrum. he has echolalia (repeating what you say or things he's heard on a video) and scripted speech (asking for things in the same way every time, repeating phrases in the same way for similar situations), some decreased eye contact, and fine motor delays. he gets occupational and speech therapy. his therapists currently think that he will be nudged toward 'typical' and overcome a lot of these behaviors. i will love him either way, of course, but i have to admit that i hope that's true.

he's been tiny up til now - 3rd percentile. that means that of all other boys his age, 97% are taller. we've had discussions with his endocrinologist about the possibility of growth hormone shots daily for years, until puberty. but this morning, we measured him at home, and people! he's grown almost 2 inches in 3 months! we measured three times, and then i put it in two different online growth calculators and got back the same answer - 25th percentile! now, i realize this is one data point, and isn't necessarily a true jump in his growth curve, but i'm really excited about it anyway!

thank you for caring! i'll have someone post a pic today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that he's growing so well now and that therapy holds good promise
Thank you for keeping Jamison in our thoughts :hugs:

Looking forward to seeing the big boy soon. Thanks for the update!

Happy to hear the updated report, thank you, and I hope things continue in a positive forward motion.

Answered prayers that boy is.
Love,
Rick

AMEN, my brother.

And I'm gonna live long enough to be his basic open water instructor. Baby Duck has already granted me that.

the K

When the Kraken certifies Jameson, Baby Duck and the Yellow Angel Fish will celebrate the day and remember the challenges.

My love to you both.

linda, i sent dennis a pic to post - will you crack the whip & ask him to do it?

Back
Top Bottom