DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a LCD30 I can bring since I'll be lugging doubles.

Cool. I wouldn't want to be diving singles with an aluminum backplate, but maybe someone will want to strap on an extra 5# just for the fun of it.

:p

Why doubles?

Why doubles?

A number of reasons, all bad.
Mostly just too lazy to re-rig my regs for a single rig (and too cheap to buy a second set for singles diving), but after thinking about humping doubles back up the hill after the dive re-rigging my regs doesn't seem so bad after all so I'll withdraw the LCD30 offer and reserve the opportunity to use it myself.

I would love to join you all. I have a new bp&w I am dying to try and this seems like the perfect time. What can I bring for food/drinks?

Hey we got another one! My husband Charlie is going to join me. He's not going to dive - he's kinda sworn off beach dives due to a bad knee, so he only dives off boats these days. But he wants to come along and learn more about DIR...and especially, how things might work if I go DIR and he doesn't.

See y'all soon!

A number of reasons, all bad.
Mostly just too lazy to re-rig my regs for a single rig (and too cheap to buy a second set for singles diving), but after thinking about humping doubles back up the hill after the dive re-rigging my regs doesn't seem so bad after all so I'll withdraw the LCD30 offer and reserve the opportunity to use it myself.

haha. I'm in the same boat you are. Gotta jettison a first stage and throw cambands on my steel plate sometime this week.

I would love to join you all. I have a new bp&w I am dying to try and this seems like the perfect time. What can I bring for food/drinks?

Great! I'm glad to hear that you'll be joining.

Think about bringing something for breakfast (got bagels covered), a salad of sorts, or something to grill. Think we have most everything covered, but as long as it's delicious, I don't think anyone will complain :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom