1st Dive at Clark Hill Lake in Augusta GA.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on your first planned shore dive as certified divers...That's what diving is all about... go places have fun... meet people. Don't forget to write in your log book so you will have a reference for future dives in similar conditions as well as a logged dive for future training. Good Job....

Stanton here, can't wait to get out there!

Sounds good, I'll see what my dad's schedule is like.

The lake was doing it's turn over last weekend and the vis will likely be low (4' or less) for another week or two. However, the river was excellent this past weekend (15'+ vis) at the N. Augusta Boat Landing and water temp was 60. Nice hour dive Sat and a 98 minute dive Sunday. We will likely be diving it again this weekend unless we get a lot of rain. If we get a lot of rain, then the lake will be the better bet. Y'all are wecome to join us.

Any thoughts what the lake conditions might be this weekend after all this rain? What's the temp like?

Vis will likely be low - lake has been turning and this takes a couple/few weeks. Temp is probably near 60 (though this is only what I've heard from another diver as we dove the river last weekend.)

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving. The Florida springs are going to get your attention before too long but don't overlook offshore North and South Carolina. We have what I call green water AND blue water diving. You just have to travel further offshore for blue water. For starters, we have many 50-60 foot dives on shipwrecks and artificial reefs (intentionally sunk ship). May I suggest Charleston SC, Murrels Inlet SC, North Myrtle Beach, Wilmington NC, and Morehead City NC. You do not have to have a "buddy". Tell them you do not and they will hook you up with someone. At the current time I have a dive partner but I dove solo for many years.

Thanks Lee that is good info. We are planing a dive day after Thanksgiving black Friday in the savanna river. Stanton you and your dad are welcome to come, or anyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom