Bredina Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Accidently bumped into their website
Never heard of this place. Anyone been there? Familiar with it? Got pictures?

I've never heard of it, but I will go explore it with you when they open!

Looking at their website, looks like they are already operational?!?!
Anyone else know anything about them?

I dove there a while back, they let a group from my LDS in Springfield check it out. Here's what I posted Aug.5 on another board:

I made it out Sunday.
One other Springfield diver and I had the place to ourselves. It is a work in progress. The quarry itself is spring-fed, somewhat smaller than Mermet, and bottoms out around 110'. The area is very pretty and heavily wooded, and the owner, who also owns a construction company, has big plans: heated changing rooms and toilets, snack bar, campgrounds, cabins, etc.
He is clearing a lot of ground with heavy equipment and plans to open next year. I really hope this flies!

It was supposed to open a few weeks ago, but the owners postponed it with a promise to let me know when it is.

Is it me, or has this site been postponed for 5 years? I heard about this place years ago, I think.

I'd like to check it out. I'm not sure if they are open yet, but I guess they will be for sure in the spring. According to there web site, the quarry is 12 acres. Mermet is 8 1/2 acres. How was the vis when you were there, and is there anything interesting to see?

Here's what Chris wrote me on 9/20:

Hi Ken, We will not be open by then, the concessions and plumbing are going slow. We might let some divers come in a couple weeks, I will let you know for sure if you want to come down also.

I'll post when I hear from her.

I have been there. Actually, a few times. They have big plans, alot of it is already coming together. I don't think they are as fully functional as they hoped to be by now but you may be able to get a group in there yet this fall by calling them to schedule it. I expect they will be open with full amenities by next spring (shower house is almost done, full gear rental, air fills, nitrox, camping is all coming).

The quarry itself is very much like Mermet, steep walls, average 40-70 foot depths with one area reaching 100+.

They currently have three docks for entry, a set of steps for getting out.

They have one platform suspended at 20ft, they set down two plane fuselages(6 seater size) at 45 and 50 ft.

Plans are for adding 4ft swimthru tubes, a combine, boat, more platforms, more fish...

Visibility is good unless they just had a big rain. Tends to get some runoff..usualy clears in a couple of days and then expect 20 foot or so average. Has been as much as 30-35.

I had planned on diving there this weekend. I thought that I should check before heading up, because their website does indicate that they are open; as they have their hours posted. I emailed them and found that they are closed.

"Sorry Dave we will not be open on the 10th but we are going to let some divers come the weekend of the 23/24 maybe even the 16/17th. Check back with us around the 12th. We would love to have you come. Thanks, Chris" Dates mentioned are for October 2010.

I have been wanting to check this place out and I have heard a lot great things about Bredina Springs. Their plans and work they have been doing sounds promising. If all is true, sounds as if it could be a strong competitor of Mermet Springs.

I would love to dive it on October 23/24, however I another dive planned for that weekend elsewhere.

Blu Diver

"Sorry Dave we will not be open on the 10th but we are going to let some divers come the weekend of the 23/24 maybe even the 16/17th. Check back with us around the 12th. We would love to have you come. Thanks, Chris" Dates mentioned are for October 2010.
Blu Diver

I will check with Chris, and try to make it there for one or both weekends.:D

Back
Top Bottom