bonaire this feb. -advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all-
Have an opportunity to dive Bonaire this February. We have never been there. We will be staying at Buddy Dive. It seems to have good reviews. Just looking for general info on the diving or any thoughts on the island, must do’s, etc.
Any help would be great, even just a “pointer” in the right direction to do some research!

Thanks!

Jon, grab several beers and do a search on the board. There are hours of reading on tips, favorite dive sites, places to eat and much more. Then if you have specific questions fire away or PM me if you like. I know the island very well.

Amazing diving! There are no bad sites. We only did one boat dive. Bonaire is truly all about shore diving. My personal favorite was Oil Slick Leap (although it's so hard to choose). You cannot go wrong by chosing Bonaire!

Hey all-
Have an opportunity to dive Bonaire this February. We have never been there. We will be staying at Buddy Dive. It seems to have good reviews. Just looking for general info on the diving or any thoughts on the island, must do’s, etc.
Any help would be great, even just a “pointer” in the right direction to do some research!

Thanks!

You can also order Susan Potters 6th edition of Bonaire Shore diving made easy. Gives u a full overview of the island, very helpful.

Bonaire is the shore dive capital of the world so focus on shore diving. If you decide to do boat dives you can always decide to book a few while here...no need to pre-book. The suggestion given before to buy Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy is great. You will find it in most dive shops on the island.

Have a great time!

Jon..You're in for a great time. As someone once said, Bonaire is the world's largest liveaboard. Pick a spot along the leeside and enjoy a great dive. There are valid reasons why so many folks continue to return time after time after time to the island.

Jon - just booked my Feb 2011 trip to Buddy, what dates? This is my 6th Buddy/Bonaire trip and my other half's 15th or 16th, he's lost track and Marine Park tags. As mentioned read up on Scubaboard, ask any specific questions you have, keep an open mind and remember most of the info here is subjective. For example I read reports where folks complain about the price of food. Coming from metro East Coast (Phila/NYC/Wash DC), I find the food and beverage prices to be quite reasonable. I also like boat diving, 1)it's the best way to Klein & 2)some times I can't be bothered with schleppin tanks through sand and ironshore to beach dive.

Hey all-

Thanks!

Also hook up with poster #5 on the thread. he will show you some unreal sights and night dives. he lives on the island and knows it like the back of his hand.

I second setting up some dives with Bas. We did his UV night dive and it will blow you away. We also did a 3 dive day with Bas and it was the best day on the island. You won't find a bad dive.

I second setting up some dives with Bas. We did his UV night dive and it will blow you away. We also did a 3 dive day with Bas and it was the best day on the island. You won't find a bad dive.

Didnt you just get back from The isalnd ? or are you going againn Soon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom