Top 5 Best Dive Sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's mine

Red Slave - always something new and most likely place to find big stuff
Oil Slick Leap - entry is fun, lots of small stuff and juvenilles to find in the bowel.
Bachelors Beach- easy entry and exit, nice place for SI
Hilma Hooker at night - easy to navigate, fun to explore, nice reef on the way up
1000 Steps - the best coral on the island around 40'

I have more dives at Buddy's reef than any other particular site but always found lots of life there so it is in the top five. I think you will have great time on it day and particularly night. Other sites in my personal top five are the Lake which will often gently sweep you right over to Hilma Hooker, another favorite. Something Special is a great site to me as I saw my first frog fish there. I have never had a bad dive on Kleine either. The long and short of it is in my two trips there (not enough to be an expert) is that every site has the potential to be great if you hit the viz and critters right. Very few sites will be a disappointment if you take what they give you when you are on them.

My family is headed to Curacao next weekend and I be delighted if it measures up to Bonaire. You will have a great time. We stayed at Buddy our last trip and enjoyed immensely. It is the most convenient diving you can imagine.

In actuality, there really is no "top five". As with restaurants, food, music, we all have our favorites, myself included. But in reality, your top five are for you to discover. That's the fun part. And don't shy away from diving one site multiple times. That's how you can really learn it.

There are many excellent dive sites on Bonaire, but here are a few of my favorites:

Karpata
Hilma Hooker
1,000 Steps
Angel City
Ol' Blue

Hope you enjoy your trip. I just returned and the viz was subpar (averaging about 35-40 feet). We still enjoyed the dives, but not as much as we would have if conditions had been normal.

Ranchonodinero, we stay at Sand Dollar. Great place, Bari reef right off the dock, doesn't get much better.

Hi all,
I'm heading to Bonaire for a week in December at Buddy Dive. Does anyone have a recommendation for their top 5 favorite dive sites? I'll be doing a combination of shore and boat diving so all recommendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy

Go South. Stay South.

For a change of pace try Oil Slick or The Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom