My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, we keep this up and the rig will be fixed by the time we meet! :D

Then you'll just have me to fix . . . you poor soul . . . :shakehead:

:lol:

Then you'll just have me to fix . . . you poor soul . . . :shakehead:

:lol:

Now that I'll have to charge extra for!!! :rofl3:

Each time I am at the camera, I am on my knees, so that should put all the air at the top for equal distribution.

It should, but it may not.

Looking at the video, it does appear that you have more gas on the right side of the wing. This will cause you to list left.

Okay, chum's in the water!!!! Have fun!

Just a tip...when you're trying to gain buoyancy in a rig where you don't know what it feels like, start at the surface, inflated, and slowly let air out until you have to exhale to descend anymore.

Once you "feel it", it's easier to replicate, but very hard to add air to get neutral until you know the feeling. I've tried that way with a few newer divers and had good success.

Thanks, James, but I really don't have toooo much a problem with buoyancy. I'm just not used to the heaviness of the rig, and how quick an exhale will drop me. That was my fifth 'dive' in SM.

Stick with it Jax, it takes more than a few dives to get your SM kit in order, but once you do, they are great. Of course, even after we do get everything set to our satisfaction, we are constantly "fine tuning" everything. Sort of like a certain brand of motorcycle - you get the base model and tweak it from there.... :<)
Take care,
George

The rig means so much here. I tried a new rig this past weekend, and I was anything but comfortable. I couldn't feel a single cutting device and my spools were out of reach. So, I went back to my Franken-Rig and walla: I felt great.

My biggest problem is reaching my front area where I have traditionally clipped a lot of my widgets.

Stick with it Jax, it takes more than a few dives to get your SM kit in order, but once you do, they are great. Of course, even after we do get everything set to our satisfaction, we are constantly "fine tuning" everything. Sort of like a certain brand of motorcycle - you get the base model and tweak it from there.... :<)
Take care,
George

Add another $HD! :wink:

My biggest problem is reaching my front area where I have traditionally clipped a lot of my widgets.

Did you really mean to post that?!?!?!?!

I think I am dry until Sunday . . . :(

Back
Top Bottom