Wanting to get first backplate and wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As someone mentioned, do take the time to at least look at the Halcyon Infinity system (Halcyon Infinity | Halcyon Dive Systems) or with fewer bells and whistles the Eclipse (Halcyon Eclipse | Halcyon Dive Systems)

I'd pretty much given up diving single tanks before i got a hold of an infinity system. with doubles was just 'easier' to manage all the things (weights covered by extra tank, canister light, etc..) putting it all on single tank just got bothersome for me (I simply can't wear a weight belt without KILLING my back and strapping/bolting the weights all over was less than ideal) but the combo of the weight pouches, the light retainer assembly, etc... in the infinity system made it all so 'simple' that i actually have gone back to enjoying diving a single rig again.

I know a bunch of people are gonna jump up and say i'm just being silly, and single tanks with bp/w is easy as pie, but it just never rode as well as doubles (for ME) till i started diving the Cinch harness/infinity BC combo.

I was thinking of getting a Diverite SS backplate and standard harness with a Oxycheq wing with roll control. Will this make me a good rig? Thanks in advance.

Excellent rig, not good. If you have not already done so, check with caveadventurers, they have great deals on this exact set up. The oxycheq plate is very similar to the dive rite, I'd get which ever one is less expensive. The whole set up, wing, plate, harness, cam straps, should be under $400.

While I have never dove with the Oxycheq wings I have heard several complaints about them.

Were there complaints around? I have had mine and its the sleekest wing i've ever own and i certainly have no complains about them at all!

If money is an issue, there are often used rig and pieces here on SB. I have bought several items and have been more than pleased with the quality and price of the items. If money is no object, then go new by all means. I am just saying...:dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::euro:
I have heard a lot of good things about Oxycheq and DSS. DSS is a bit more money, but a good product with great customer service.

Diverite is a good company and makes a great product. While I have never dove with the Oxycheq wings I have heard several complaints about them.

I've never read or heard a single complaint about oxycheq wings. A while back Tobin, the owner of DSS, and Patrick, from oxycheq, had a bit of a tussle in an epic thread, but outside of it's entertainment value, nothing negative of any substance about the products was revealed. They're both excellent companies that make top notch wings.

I looked at the Oxycheq wing and the DSS wing. Both look very similar to my untrained eye. Both have rollcontroll so I don't have to use a tank adapter. I guess which ever wing I can get the cheapest.

I looked at the Oxycheq wing and the DSS wing. Both look very similar to my untrained eye. Both have rollcontroll so I don't have to use a tank adapter. I guess which ever wing I can get the cheapest.
I have my DSS rig loaded in the truck. I'll bring it to work so you can look it over and try it on tomorrow. I can't comment on the Oxycheq "roll control", but I have experienced zero issues with the DSS. Heck, a STA isn't that expensive. I'd bet one of the guys in the machine shop or R&D could make a very dependable one at lunch. :eyebrow:

I have my DSS rig loaded in the truck. I'll bring it to work so you can look it over and try it on tomorrow. I can't comment on the Oxycheq "roll control", but I have experienced zero issues with the DSS. Heck, a STA isn't that expensive. I'd bet one of the guys in the machine shop or R&D could make a very dependable one at lunch. :eyebrow:

Thanks Irishsquid I can always depend on you. And thanks to all of the other good people on the board. At this time it is looking I will be going with the Diverite stainless backplate with the Diverite basic harness with 2 in crotch strap. I am going to get the Oxycheq wing in time.

Has anyone else noticed the Deep Sea Supply add at the top of this thread? I wander if it is just a coincidence?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom