Replacing a Suunto D6 strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liuk3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Do I need to send the Suunto D6 back to install a new strap? I can purchase the strap, but the dive shop told me that you need to send it back to Suunto since the watch is sealed and you can jeopardize the seal if you open the watch up yourself to replace the strap. Is this correct?

No, you do not. You don't open the case to replace the strap. I bought the little torx screwdriver to replace mine. I replaced the rubber strap with the stainless one. If you already got an answer then great, if not then I hope this helped.

Thanks I just threw a rubber band on my watch strap. Looks ghetto. I may replace the whole strap at some point. Thanks for your response.

I replace the watch strap for my Suunto D4 with a nice one from Modena watch. Cost me about $11 with free shipping as I recall. The strap not only looks good but has performed perfectly for the past year. Great selection on their site and I'm sure you'll find something that works foryou.

Grouperman

The LDS ordered my replacement strap for my D6, then replaced it for me at the LDS. I just had to send the D6 to Suunto for the 2-year service, since the battery was running low. Should be back in 2-3 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom