Dive shop or outfit in Bremerton area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm here in Silverdale for a couple weeks and would like to get my tanks filled and maybe get a dive in - can anyone recommend a shop in this area and/or a dive outfit to go with? I dive Monterey and the Sonoma coast but have never dived this area before.

thanks,
Mike

Sound Dive Center is in Bremerton. I don't know anything about them, though -- just found it doing a search.

If you are interested in diving out of Tacoma, Bandito Charters is a very good outfit. For Hood Canal, Pacific Adventures Scuba is great. There is also some excellent shore diving in the Tacoma area. The scuba shop should be able to tell you what the best options from where you are would be.

Sound Dive look like a good crew and just down the road. I'll give them a call and see if a trip can be arranged. I can get to quite a few spots on the west side of the sound and Hood's Canal from here that look spectacular topside - are any generalizations possible regarding say the straits vs deep back in the sound or in-between with respect to habitat quality and visibility? I'm right on Dye's Inlet - is something like that likely to hold interesting structure and life, or would it just be mud bottom?

IMO further into the inlets becomes less flushed so you get more mud and silt. Also further in can mean less oxygen and less critters - case in point Hood Canal. If you're looking for good structure try Seiku out to Neah Bay. In the sound and in your area another bunch of good spots is the entire east side of Bainbridge Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom