Canadians invade Australia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surely Underwater Ogre you are not moving to Melbourne for the diving :rofl3::rofl3:Perhaps you are a Canadian and cant dive without your drysuits :D If you get sick of the cold and want some warmth move to the Sunny West Coast where scantily clad gals/guys and warmer Indian Ocean abound! :kiss2: Melbourne just reminds me of London :shocked2:

Naww.. come visit the other displaced Canuck and dive in Sydney:admingreet:

UO.. can you pronounce Kookaburra yet? I mean without all the nearby Aussies laughing?

UO.. can you pronounce Kookaburra yet? I mean without all the nearby Aussies laughing?

No...but I know where the bottle shop is and what a slab is! That what I am talking about! Oh and I don't mind being the other loonie...

I get a kick out of the differences in language countries and the stereotypes...I wonder how they get started?
I guess I will have to "throw a shrimp on the barbie" and think about it?:wink:

gee13...I like my drysuit...I can pee without making my suit stink....and trust me you don't want to see me in a pair of Speedos diving...its much better with the suit!!

And BTW I am bringing all 7 pairs of Force Fins to convert you all!

O

Maybe this thread should be renamed Canuck Education 101

we dont call them shrimps we call them prawns ... that Paul Hogan add was done for the Americans.

Maybe we should start telling U/O some Aussie expressions like

dont come the raw prawn :)

No...but I know where the bottle shop is and what a slab is! That what I am talking about! Oh and I don't mind being the other loonie...

I get a kick out of the differences in language countries and the stereotypes...I wonder how they get started?
I guess I will have to "throw a shrimp on the barbie" and think about it?:wink:

gee13...I like my drysuit...I can pee without making my suit stink....and trust me you don't want to see me in a pair of Speedos diving...its much better with the suit!!

And BTW I am bringing all 7 pairs of Force Fins to convert you all!

O

My personal favorite... the Aussie curse... "May your chooks turn to emus and kick your dunny down!"

I sure had fun "integrating" kept putting my foot in my mouth then changing feet!... Hey I did that in Canada too!

>> "Oh no, not again"! Fisheyeview quoting the Whale in HHGTTG

I get the feeling that's a joke that's going right over my head... Am I the only one uptight enough to point out that it's actually the bowl of petunias, not the whale, that has that line? The whale has the rapid discovery of self followed by splat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom