Questions about Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Codman, I really don't think everyone, including me, wants to spear the lionfish. But if they are not culled there will be no reef life to speak of. The fish in the atlantic don't reproduce as fast as the fish in the pacific.

We are going great. Diving all day long. The weather has cleared today and the diving is even better. I'll tell more when I have more time. We are planning on doing Marys place in the morning. Ought to be another great day. Me and Snagle might have the boat drop us off at the Prince Albert on the way back from the forth dive, before it gets too dark.
Talk to you all latter.

Yes, FI is still here and a great place for diving. My fear was that Privilege Hotels would stop providing service this last week but everything is working as it was the last time. Rumor has it that the owner will start remodeling next week.

We drove the island and this sure is the off, off season. There is almost no one walking West Bay or the many recenty built upscale developments. I guess $300-600 per square foot condos are not big sellers these days.

West End was a little more busy but we didn't drive it because there were doubts our 4-wheel drive pickup would make it through the pot holes from the recent rains.

Who paid for the new concrete road down to Punta Gorda?

I wonder if they disable the front end drive on those 4wd like some do? I remember a dirt road on St.John. No potholes but I didn't get much of a run at it and was wishing I had before I got half way up and had to downshift. Glad I didn't miss the gear.

You may want to get ready for a possibility of rain. From Dr.Masters Tropical Weather : Weather Underground
Posted: 9:38 AM EDT on October 19, 2010
Heavy thunderstorm activity has increased and grown more organized over the past day over the southwestern Caribbean between Honduras and the Cayman Islands in association with a tropical disturbance. A surface circulation may be beginning to form, and the Hurricane Hunters are scheduled to investigate the area this afternoon to see if a tropical depression is forming. The storm is currently moving north-northwest at 5 - 10 mph, but is expected to move west or southwest beginning on Wednesday, making the storm primarily a threat to Honduras, Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, and Belize late this week.
at201099_model_zoom.gif

Yes, FI is still here and a great place for diving. My fear was that Privilege Hotels would stop providing service this last week but everything is working as it was the last time. Rumor has it that the owner will start remodeling next week.

We drove the island and this sure is the off, off season. There is almost no one walking West Bay or the many recenty built upscale developments. I guess $300-600 per square foot condos are not big sellers these days.

West End was a little more busy but we didn't drive it because there were doubts our 4-wheel drive pickup would make it through the pot holes from the recent rains.

I think that Jackson did before the last election, but it didn't seem to work for him. Have they finished the sidewalk yet, they had kind of just stopped for a while?

Well the diving is over. I got in 19 dives, all were great. If the weather holds out we'll be leaving tomorrow. Not much fun or food left here, so good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the diving is over. I got in 19 dives, all were great. If the weather holds out we'll be leaving tomorrow. Not much fun or food left here, so good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As they say on the NFL Pregame show---"AUGH, COME ON MAN"-we are headed there next week so don't tell me you guys ate all the food and used up all the fun:no::no::no:

As they say on the NFL Pregame show---"AUGH, COME ON MAN"-we are headed there next week so don't tell me you guys ate all the food and used up all the fun:no::no::no:
You know you're a preferred customer when they have the hurricane a week before your arrival. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom