Where to dive in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCDiveGuy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi fellow divers!

I will be traveling to Oahu to visit friends over the Christmas holidays and wanted to get some diving in!!! I am a fairly experienced diver and very much enjoy challenging dives - def not afraid of current etc..

I will be in Oahu but am DEF open to traveling to another island to check out the diving. Can anyone recommend where the best diving is on the Islands especially during late December?

Thanks in advance!!

Eric

The Big Island has the manta night dive which is usually pretty amazing. Maui has Molokini, Lanai (for the Cathedrals), Molokai (for the hammerheads), and lots of whales.

Keep in mind you'll have to fly to access another island, which of course will require you spend a couple of nights on whichever island you choose. You might be better off simply enjoying the diving Oahu has to offer. :)

If you're only here for a few nights I'd just stay on Oahu.. not really worth the hassle of travelling to another island.

Check out the south shore wrecks (YO, Sea Tiger, Corsair, etc). North is pretty much closed in December. West side may be open and has good dives as well (E Beach, Caverns, the LSUs, Mahi, etc)

Thanks everyone!

I've been to Oahu before and have heard that the best diving is on other islands - Maui, Kona etc...

I have 10 days in Hawaii and def would like to dive Oahu and another island.

Eric

Then my two suggestions would be either Kauai or Big Island.. both have good diving.. really depends what else you like to do or haven't done.. e.g. observatory.. volcano.. on Big Island versus the canyon, caves, great beaches etc on Kauai.

Back
Top Bottom