Boynton Beach & Jupiter this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F106A

Contributor
Reaction score
NJ, GSP Exit 36 (24,000' from the Atlantic)
# of dives
500 - 999
First, an apology; I'm arriving tomorrow for a few days of diving. (My counselor says this is not a litigatious act.) Anyway, the waves are forecast for 3-5's Saturday and 4-6's Sunday. Or vice versa. Garden variety NJ diving but E-ticket stuff for gentler, kindler FL operations. I'm diving with Undersea Explorers (Kev) Saturday and Jupiter Dive Center Sunday. Any of the SB'ers I've often read but never met gonna be on these boats? Just asking.

Last edited:
Rats. I am heading to Key Largo later today or else I would link up with you. You will get some responses. :thumb:

Bueller ... Bueller? Anyone??

Sorry but the locals are looking at this and saying they'll wait for better weather:

SATURDAY
EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 14 TO 19 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 5 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 5 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. ISOLATED SHOWERS THROUGH THE DAY. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

SUNDAY NIGHT
EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. ISOLATEDSHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Last edited:
LOL. That is correct.
I'm working on my bike and Jeep this weekend with a couple hours in the office.

For 106...the seas should be less "extreme" where you plan to dive.

Sorry but the locals are looking at this and saying they'll waiting for better weather:

SATURDAY
EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 14 TO 19 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 5 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 5 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. ISOLATED SHOWERS THROUGH THE DAY. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

SUNDAY NIGHT
EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. ISOLATEDSHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

it was blown out both days...but BHB was great this weekend - saw a stargazer and also a pea sized baby scorpion fish !

A frustrating few days on many levels. After watching the forecast get grimmer by the hour, Spirit decided to break three or four planes, putting doubt as to if and when I'd even get to FLL. Ended up about three hours late. Could've been worse.
Showed up at Underwater Explorers / Kev's boat Saturday, 10/23, AM to windy conditions. Wil was there and announced they were cancelling the trip due to conditions. She found me and the three other customers another charter, Dolphin Sun, in Lantana. She also supplied my N2 tanks, essentially on trust, and said we'd settle up later. I thought she went above and beyond with her help. My thanks to her.
The Saturday trips were essentially good despite 3-5's and occasional 4-6's. Viz was great and wildlife abundant. Dolphin Sun runs a good safe op while recognizing experience. Nice people. There's a restaurant conveniently just a few feet from the boat that makes good chow for lunch between the AM and PM trips. I recommend both Dolphin Sun and the restaurant.
Sunday brought 4-6's with occasional 3-5's. Jupiter Dive Center took both boats out in the AM and combined PM divers to make just one boat. There were hunters and non-hunters on both trips. Seems JDC's protocol is to launch the hunters first then the non-hunters, while providing a guide, although some of the guided divers also hunted. The briefing consisted of telling the divers how much bottom time they had; providing different times for air vs. N2 users, as well as what stuff we might encounter, how to know when to begin your ascent based on remaining gas, etc. I got a distinct feeling that this op might be a better choice for the divers who need more attention. I had to swap boats for the PM dive and there was no time to buy lunch. The boat-provided animal crackers and pretzels got less appetizing as the day wore on. It was obvious that several of the folks had good breakfasts and lunches although they were mostly unrecognizable when I saw them.
Upon departing the area Monday morning I saw the forecast called for improving marine conditions. Big wow. I did have some consolation when learning this weekend's conditions are forecast to be worse than last weekend's - nothing personal.

I did have some consolation when learning this weekend's conditions are forecast to be worse than last weekend's - nothing personal.

And, as often happens, the weatherman blew today's forecast out of his *$$ because it was flat all day.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom