Where to dive Lake Murray???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svnipp

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning on heading up to dive at Lake Murray this Sunday. The problem is I don't have a clue WHERE to dive at Lake Murray. Can someone hook me up with some info on where to dive there? Lake conditions would be great to know also. Thanks in advance.

The most common place is at Marrietta Landing. Once you enter the park make a left. There is a trail that ends at a small beach and the water.

OK. How do I get to the park? Google Maps is letting me down. I'm not having any luck at all finding where I need to be going once I get in the area of the lake.

Go to the extreme south end of the lake. I can't remember the road name/number, but it's pretty much the only road that goes through there. Lake Murray State park/camping area is just off that road and completely visible (there's a big sign) from the roadway. Like TwoBit said, after going past the restrooms, turn left and go west. There's a large loop, but go straight on the dirt "road" (creep...it's full of rocks and holes). That will culminate in the dive area, so park in one of the pull ins there. "Ghost Cove" is just downhill, and it's a good place to put in.

Last weekend, water temp was about 70 degrees with vis 3-10 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom