Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No choice on wearing Thinsulates here, so will go for a back up plan. But have high hopes!

I just re-read this whole thread for advice.

Now I'm curious, did you figure out the issue? What was it?

I had two major issues....for some reason, my norprene tube slips out of the she-p. I zip-tied it in there and haven't had any issues since then.

My other issue was the fact that I was just expecting it to do something that it probably can't do. I was wanting it to work for me from 5am to 4pm with climbing up and down stairs, diving, and dealing with hot, sweaty conditions in socal :wink:

I've found, though, that if I'm expecting it to work for me on long days that holding it in place while I go seems to work pretty well.

The She Pee arrived the other day, suit is in for valve installation. Excited to try it out this weekend.

Curious - when do you all install/remove the device - at home before the drive, or at the dive site?

The She Pee arrived the other day, suit is in for valve installation. Excited to try it out this weekend.

Curious - when do you all install/remove the device - at home before the drive, or at the dive site?

I put it on at home. I usually take it off at the dive site (not always, but I will if I have any leakage or if I'm planning on being out and about for a while before heading home). I always bring a spare pair of "she-p undies" so I don't have to worry about getting nice ones sticky.

That's another thing....no matter how careful I am, I always end up with glue on my undies....so I only wear ones I bought specifically for she-p use :D

at home for me, too. and yes to the residue-laden undies. i just remember happy dive days when i see them!

Thanks for the advice ;-). Dry test went great, hooking up the plumbing this weekend for a couple of days of test diving. Then have a second weekend to dial it in before Mx :).

Just realized I need to pop a hole in this Thinsulate UG - because the zipper doesn't open from the bottom.

Any idea where it's best to make the hole?

I'd suggest that you put on your drysuit with the she-p installed and hooked up, then check to see where the tubing is most comfortable. My one set of ds underwear is 2-piece, so the tubing routs over my waistband, the other is 1-piece, but with the zipper from the bottom.

Used my She-P during my Full Cave course with varying degrees of success & failures. The first 3 days I had about 85% success with minor leakage (used the poise pads which kept it form soaking me. On day 4 was a total failure. Not even the poise pad was much help. Had to wash the undergarments. Not sure what went wrong. Maybe poor placement. I then had to go without the She-P for a couple of days because of some skin irritation developing. Yesterday, I wore it again & had 100% success. I think I'm finally figuring this thing out.:blinking: It is nice to be able to pee whenever I need to.

I then had to go without the She-P for a couple of days because of some skin irritation developing. Yesterday, I wore it again & had 100% success.

One comment to that... I have noticed that for me it's generally good to take a break about every 4th day of use, sometimes even every 3rd if diving 2 weeks in a row. For example, when I am on cave trip, I tend to make a She-P plan. I scheme what days I can afford a break and what days I def want to have it on. Certain locations one can just handle better without it, and certain days one just is under water all day and course days I absolutely do not want to realize I have irritated bits!

I have rather sensitive skin but by giving a break day and using liberal amounts of baby oil right upon removal I have been able to (ab)use the She-P and my skin for long stretches. It really helps to try to get the excess glue off right away with baby oil (just have the dedicated She-P undies), use extra Remove pad (just watch for the sting) to get the rest of the glue (preferably just before shower so you don't leave it on skin), then use lotion or more baby oil again for the night (you of course need to clean it off before applying She-P). This is what I do when on a 'gig' or it gets untolerable fairly fast. It's true though that if you have an accident it easily irritates more because you have urine sitting on more delicate crevices and soft skin.

Skin irritation comes naturally from using the She-P again and again but for me it also comes from stubble growing, and the She-P sticking better and better and the glue remnants being harder and harder to remove every day. I shave about every 3 days on multi-day trips but the shaver is hard to use if the glue gets caked up. Has anyone any tips for that (other than melting the glue with more Remove pads of course)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom