Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skin irritation comes naturally from using the She-P again and again but for me it also comes from stubble growing, and the She-P sticking better and better and the glue remnants being harder and harder to remove every day. I shave about every 3 days on multi-day trips but the shaver is hard to use if the glue gets caked up. Has anyone any tips for that (other than melting the glue with more Remove pads of course)?

I just shave every day now, I find any regrowth to be a PITA for the she-p. Don't have any skin irritation from either the shaving or she-p though.

I just shave every day now, I find any regrowth to be a PITA for the she-p. Don't have any skin irritation from either the shaving or she-p though.

I get some irritation from shaving too so I avoid doing that every day. And I like the better adhesion with mini-stubs :D It's a fine balance.

I've found that just getting in the shower and gentle rubbing makes the glue ball up and you can pull it off. I can't STAND using the Remove pads on my own skin . . . THAT brings tears to my eyes. I'm an every three days or so shaver, but I do like the fact that glue buildup on the device seems to improve the adhesion, even if it makes the thing look rather awful.

If I'm on a multi-day trip, I really take no special precautions to make sure I get all the glue off me every day. I wonder if the efforts you're making to do so are contributing to the skin irritation?

I've found that just getting in the shower and gentle rubbing makes the glue ball up and you can pull it off. I can't STAND using the Remove pads on my own skin . . . THAT brings tears to my eyes. I'm an every three days or so shaver, but I do like the fact that glue buildup on the device seems to improve the adhesion, even if it makes the thing look rather awful.

If I'm on a multi-day trip, I really take no special precautions to make sure I get all the glue off me every day. I wonder if the efforts you're making to do so are contributing to the skin irritation?

I hear what you are saying. I have tried it both ways. I did not use baby oil first and I left things stand more at some point, I tried the 'just rubbing' and then I tried different products. I find the Remove pads absolutely cruel too, and I never do them unless I am stepping in the shower - and I make sure I do not touch any 'innards'. It's some burny stuff!! I think one thing I do wrong is use too much soapy stuff on delicate skin but the baby oil is def helping.

And I can't agree more about the residue helping. It ain't pretty to look at but it sure is more successful. I wonder if molding the device a bit more rumbly would be of benefit?

Pretty sure I had some bad luck with the last glue I ordered. That was when I was having all sorts of problems with it not holding for an entire day.

I accidentally didn't close it all the way the last time I used it and it hardened. I ordered some more and have been pleasantly surprised that it's VERY sticky. I did a full day of diving (put it on at 5am and took it off around 4pm) and had no leaks from the she-p. Unfortunately, I dumped water down my neck seal twice and it made it all the way down to the crotch area and then I got worried that I was leaking....nope, yay for sticky glue!

Anyone else ever get unlucky and have glue that's not quite as sticky?

I'm too new with it to exactly know what is wrong when I have failures.

As for the shaving, I must do it every day or I get to itching so bad from the stubble, its embarrassing.:blush::D

My glue has been good. I've noticed that it's getting a bit thicker, probably drying out a bit - and it's easier to use this way.

I can't shave every day... too much rash. So I just bit the bullet and lasered it all. My life is so much easier now.

So I just bit the bullet and lasered it all. My life is so much easier now.

That's commitment :)!

Was sick and couldn't dive this weekend - so she pee trials must wait a little :(. Thanks for all your great advice!

Thanks for all the advice!
Went with 2 coats of glue on the device, zip ties on extention joints for extra strength,, b/u pad and careful placement of the device.

First day went great! Totally dry. Comfortable enough, easy off glue with baby oil. The biggest challenge was actually peeing. Fingers crossed that beginner luck sticks!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom