ContourHD/H20V mounted on goodman handle with light on also

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaMaDo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had been trying to decide between the CountourHD and the GoPro for the past couple of days, watched a ton of videos, and then decided on the ContourHD.

I wanted to share the way I mounted it in case it helps anyone with an idea for something similar...(or to get advice on perfecting this one from those who have already done this). It doesn't move at all on land, but I'll probably get some hard rubber washers to help it stay firm.

The red lasers from the camera are level with the light beam. The left one is just slightly left of center at 10 feet. I'll have to experiment with angles.

I consider this just an idea until I test it (hopefully this weekend on a night dive)

Edit: (on a side note) I just learned that the H2OV case has just been retested by the manufacturer (GMS Concepts) to 400 feet. It was 300 before because that was the limit of their equipment.

Here are the pictures:

chd1.jpg

chd2.jpg

chd3.jpg

Last edited:
was a great camera till it was lost in the local quarry never to be seen again...i do miss it!!

Sorry about your loss upton, get another! :wink:

Here's a video I took this past weekend using the setup at night. There were a lot of particles in the water and being so close to the light made a difference, although nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm planning on getting a helmet so I can mount the case on there. It should make things a bit smoother I think since my hand can be jittery.

YouTube - Night Dive in Key Largo

Back
Top Bottom